Human Rights Watch Warns of 'Authoritarian Drift' in Turkey

Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

You saw how she treated our President Mono! There is your answer :P

But seriously Turkey has been giving Germany shit for years now. Kind of a risky move when so many Turks live in Germany.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2017, 05:29:27 PM
Quote from: Zanza on July 21, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
In addition to what The Larch posted above, the head of Germany's foreign intelligence agency announced publicly that Turkey is no longer seen as just a NATO partner with whom we cooperate, but due to Turkish intelligence operations in Germany is also seen as an enemy.

I remember Merkel complaining that the US tapped her phone.  Is the US the enemy now?
No, this is about Turkey spying, pressuring and influencing Turkish and former Turkish citizens in Germany, especially opponents of the regime there. Protecting our citizens from foreign intelligence agencies operating here.
But it is rare for our intelligence agencies to announce such a shift in policy, so the announcement is mainly a political manoeuvre.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: 11B4V on July 21, 2017, 10:07:20 PM
German Tornados over Ankara. War boner.

Variable wing boner. Why did we have to retire the F-14 again?
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 22, 2017, 09:59:40 AM
Why did we have to retire the F-14 again?

Because the olds people like grumbler bitched about shit like spare parts.  Today's piece of shit planes less moving parts are much more senior-friendly. INTRODUCING THE F/A-24 JITTERBUG

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2017, 10:05:56 AM
Because the olds people like grumbler bitched about shit like spare parts.  Today's piece of shit planes less moving parts are much more senior-friendly. INTRODUCING THE F/A-24 JITTERBUG

Thinking of olds, I just realized I'm officially in that "military equipment nostalgia" camp. The prettiest warplanes to me now are the F-14 and the P-38, and even my also-rans like the F-111 are starting to get up there.
Experience bij!

11B4V

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 22, 2017, 10:15:35 AM

Thinking of olds, I just realized I'm officially in that "military equipment nostalgia" camp. The prettiest warplanes to me now are the F-14 and the P-38, and even my also-rans like the F-111 are starting to get up there.

F-111 is sweet looking. As a kid my house was right along one of the flight paths for McClellan AFB. Watched them all the time as a kid.

My sweetheart navy plane is F-8
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on July 22, 2017, 11:55:50 AM

F-111 is sweet looking. As a kid my house was right along one of the flight paths for McClellan AFB. Watched them all the time as a kid.

Oh, Crusader, nice choice.

My US Navy favourite RA-5C.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 22, 2017, 05:57:53 PM
Oh look, another military hardware hijack.

I'm planning a another hijack, best French post-war twin engined fighter/Attack plane, that way I'll draw Valmy into the debate.  :frog:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Better keep that weak ass Dassault bullshit out of here.

dps

Quote from: mongers on July 22, 2017, 04:08:23 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 22, 2017, 11:55:50 AM

Oh, Crusader, nice choice.

My US Navy favourite RA-5C.

P-40.