Human Rights Watch Warns of 'Authoritarian Drift' in Turkey

Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Is SPD pro right wing demagogue? Who knew?

Well actually wait Schroeder was pro- Putin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/know-your-limits-erdogan-tells-german-fm.aspx?PageID=238&NID=116938&NewsCatID=510

Quote'Know your limits,' Erdoğan tells German FM

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Aug. 19 slammed German Foreign Minister Sigmar Garbiel over his remarks suggesting that Ankara was intervening in German elections, urging him to know his limits.

"Now they have a foreign minister who does not know his limits. Who are you to talk to the President of Turkey? Talk to the Foreign Minister of Turkey. Know your limits. He is trying to teach us a lesson. What is your background in politics? How old are you?" Erdoğan said speaking at his Justice and Development Party's (AKP) provincial advisory council meeting in the Aegean province of Denizli.

Erdoğan said he had sent the dossiers of some 4,500 suspects in Germany to Chancellor Angela Merkel for extradition but they had not been accepted.

"And she wanted one or two people to be sent home by me. Forgive me but you have your legal system and so do we," Erdoğan said.

Erdoğan also reiterated his call on Turkish citizens in Germany to cast their votes to parties that does not engage in enmity against Turkey.

"You should give them the most beautiful lesson by providing your democratic right in the most ideal way on ballots. Do not say that my vote will be in lost if I vote for this or that party. You should vote for those who are not hostile to Turkey," he said.

He added that it was not important for Turkey whether Germany opened its doors, saying that Ankara will gladly approach countries that open their doors.

Erdoğan on Aug. 18 called on Turkish-origin German citizens not to vote for Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats, Martin Schulz's Social Democrat Party (SDP) or the Green Party because he said they showed an anti-Turkey stance. 

Gabriel criticized the president's remarks saying they constituted an interference in the German general election, which is scheduled to take place on Sept. 24.

Commenting on the German Chancellor's earlier remarks on not pursuing an update for Customs Union with Ankara, Erdoğan said the country would not allow the agreement to be turned into a "tool of political oppression" apart from its own medium.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Valmy

He is doing a great job making Turks living in Germany look like enemy foreign agents. I am sure they appreciate that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2017, 04:36:06 PM
He is doing a great job making Turks living in Germany look like enemy foreign agents. I am sure they appreciate that.

To be fair, the Germans have been looking at them like that since EU negotiations started in 2005.  IS THAT A SUICIDE DEBT VEST HES WEARING

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

QuoteTurkish political refugees flock to Germany, seeking safety

[...]

Germany has become the top destination for political refugees from Turkey since the failed July 15, 2016 coup. Some 5,742 Turkish citizens applied for asylum here last year, more than three times as many as the year before, according to the Interior Ministry. Another 3,000 Turks have requested protection in Germany this year.

[...]

At least 221 diplomats, 280 civil servants and their families have applied for asylum, Germany says. Along with refusing to comply with the extradition requests, Germany has lowered the bar for Turkish asylum-seekers — those given permission to remain increased from 8 percent of applicants last year to more than 23 percent in the first half of 2017.

[...]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/turkish-political-refugees-flock-to-germany-seeking-safety/2017/08/20/40649754-8588-11e7-96a7-d178cf3524eb_story.html?utm_term=.6a650d7ae579

That's probably hugely annoying for Erdogan.  :)

Crazy_Ivan80

have them form a government in exile, for shits and giggles.

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 20, 2017, 04:39:43 AM
have them form a government in exile, for shits and giggles.

:lol:

That's a genuinely good idea, fits in with whole trolling as diplomacy meme.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on August 19, 2017, 11:23:13 AM
Who cares? 2/3 of the voters with Turkish roots vote for the SPD.

We should just ignore that troll.

It's not like they are going to vote instead for the AfD :P, though I could see some more votes for the useful idiots of Die Linke.