Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 03:55:16 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2014, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 03:22:05 PM
He trafficks in the truth.

But he doesn't.

Sure he does.  Just because, as a cracker, it's truth you don't want to hear doesn't disqualify it.

I'm not and I recognize that he doesn't. My receptionist and I were just talking about all he'll do is add more hot air to the situation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2014, 03:57:42 PM
I'm not and I recognize that he doesn't. My receptionist and I were just talking about all he'll do is add more hot air to the situation.

The 2014 version Al Sharpton is a much more subtle influence than the track suited shuckster goofball from the 1980s.  Of course, back in the 1980s, you had to be louder to be heard from Whitey.

Funny, but I bet none of you Sharpton-haters actually watched his public statement today.  There was nothing inflammatory or baiting about it. 

derspiess

I listened to a little on the radio.  That's where I heard the bit about cops supposedly letting Ferguson burn.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 04:02:28 PM
Funny, but I bet none of you Sharpton-haters actually watched his public statement today.

I think there are better ways to waste my time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 04:03:54 PM
I listened to a little on the radio.  That's where I heard the bit about cops supposedly letting Ferguson burn.

That was a reporter that said that, you know.  Not one of those damned dirty negroes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2014, 04:04:08 PM
Funny, but I bet none of you Sharpton-haters actually watched his public statement today.

I think there are better ways to waste my time.

Like wasting your receptionist's time instead?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 04:07:46 PM
That was a reporter that said that, you know. 

Now it may have been a somewhat baiting question, but the supposedly aggrieved parties all agreed emphatically.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

crazy canuck

I listened to the Press Conference of the Prosecutor while driving last night.  The first thing that struck me was how poorly timed the announcement was.  Why couldnt he have waited until the next morning?  The next thing that struck me was that he went out of his way to build a case against the person who was shot.  I am not sure why he felt the need to do that.  The issue before the Grand Jury was presumably to consider whether there was sufficient evidence against the police officer to proceed with a criminal trial.  It struck me that if someone wanted to inflame the situation that press conference was a good way of doing it. 

garbon

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 04:09:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 04:07:46 PM
That was a reporter that said that, you know. 

Now it may have been a somewhat baiting question, but the supposedly aggrieved parties all agreed emphatically.

Your posts need more fabric softener.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 25, 2014, 04:15:46 PM
I listened to the Press Conference of the Prosecutor while driving last night.  The first thing that struck me was how poorly timed the announcement was.  Why couldnt he have waited until the next morning?  The next thing that struck me was that he went out of his way to build a case against the person who was shot.  I am not sure why he felt the need to do that.  The issue before the Grand Jury was presumably to consider whether there was sufficient evidence against the police officer to proceed with a criminal trial.  It struck me that if someone wanted to inflame the situation that press conference was a good way of doing it.

Now, now, now...it's only the "supposedly aggrieved" parties that are at fault here, CC.  There will be no blaming Whitey today.

Admiral Yi

The 2014 version Al Sharpton is a much more subtle influence than the track suited shuckster goofball from the 1980s.  Of course, back in the 1980s, you had to be louder to be heard from Whitey.

Funny, but I bet none of you Sharpton-haters actually watched his public statement today.  There was nothing inflammatory or baiting about it.

The one in which he bitched about some blogger?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2014, 05:58:23 PM

The one in which he bitched about some blogger?

Hey Yi - I was just looking at your sig line:

Quote2. Before bets $50 even money that Israel strikes Iran before 11/24/2014.

I think someone owes you $50.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Somebody takes their arbitration duties very seriously.  :cheers:

Way ahead of you counselor. :smoke: