The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Speaking of Sharpton anyone see the  NYT piece on his transformation into an establishment figure and serious, serious issues with the IRS?

(The most striking thing though was just how much weight he lost over the last 20 years! :o)
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 01:57:03 PM
We all remember that poignant episode after James's funeral.  DAMN DAMN DAMN...

And no, I am not racist.  Stop that.
When I first saw that scene I laughed.... and then I thought to myself "am I an asshole for laughing at that lady's misery?" :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2014, 02:52:22 PM
Speaking of Sharpton anyone see the  NYT piece on his transformation into an establishment figure and serious, serious issues with the IRS?

(The most striking thing though was just how much weight he lost over the last 20 years! :o)
Didn't he get his stomach stapled?

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2014, 02:52:22 PM

Yeah, I saw where it's being reported recently that he owes millions in taxes, something like 4.5 mil.

Then too he's the administration's race policy adviser or some title like that.

Caliga

derspiess

He apparently helped pick the new Attorney General nominee :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

:wacko:

I'll never understand how Al went legit.  I mean, the dude is such a huckster.  Does he still claim he was ordained when he was five years old or whatever it was? :D

derspiess

He got an MSNBC show and some people started taking him seriously.  Seedy even pretends to.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2014, 03:12:49 PM
:wacko:

I'll never understand how Al went legit.  I mean, the dude is such a huckster.  Does he still claim he was ordained when he was five years old or whatever it was? :D
Read all about it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/nyregion/questions-about-al-sharptons-finances-accompany-his-rise-in-influence.html?_r=0

I quite like him myself.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
I quite like him myself.

Well, of course. You are always about bombastic, crappy politico types. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Predictably, the police are now getting crap for holding back and letting Ferguson burn last night.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2014, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 03:22:05 PM
He trafficks in the truth.

But he doesn't.

Sure he does.  Just because, as a cracker, it's truth you don't want to hear doesn't disqualify it.