The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 12:57:54 PM
Yes.  It is.  This thing has been all over social media for months.  These are the usual clowns who show up at every G-8 summit or whatever.

They were there for the first round of riots, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 12:57:04 PM
What the hell?  What does that have to do with whether or not there was enough evidence to take him to trial?  Ok so maybe it was a highly unorthodox Grand Jury hearing.

It was the perfect Grand Jury, when you already knew what you wanted to achieve with it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 12:57:54 PM

Yes.  It is.  This thing has been all over social media for months.  These are the usual clowns who show up at every G-8 summit or whatever.

Bullshit.  I'm seeing North County folk there.  People who robbed a liquor store in August are the same guys who robbed the same liquor store last night.  They didn't do it because you took offense at scary cars the cops had.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:10:04 PM
They didn't do it because you took offense at scary cars the cops had.

:lol:

Oh for fucksake Raz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Interesting graphic presentation from the WP

QuoteWhat happened in Ferguson
St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch laid out this scenario for the sequence of events in the shooting of Michael Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, assembled from physical evidence and testimony of dozens of witnesses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/ferguson-grand-jury-findings/?hpid=z2

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 01:11:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:10:04 PM
They didn't do it because you took offense at scary cars the cops had.

:lol:

Oh for fucksake Raz.

The "riot because of scary military vehicles", was an absurd argument.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on November 25, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
What scary military vehicles?

The ones that so enraged the public that they robbed a liquor store.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:15:20 PM
The "riot because of scary military vehicles", was an absurd argument.

Indeed it would have been if anybody had made it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:26:57 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 25, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
What scary military vehicles?

The ones that so enraged the public that they robbed a liquor store.

In Raz's fantasy land in any case.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
Angry black people?  *shudder*

That's Brown's step-father yelling those very words to a crowd. 

derspiess

Good news-- Sharpton is on the scene.

RESIST WE MUCH

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 01:39:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
Angry black people?  *shudder*

That's Brown's step-father yelling those very words to a crowd. 

Because no one ever says anything inappropriate when caught up in a swell of emotion?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.