The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 25, 2014, 12:26:14 AM
I don't think I post much now, I think Languish just petered out for me. It had its heyday, now it's much reduced. I also got big into WoW there for a span 4-5 years. I do not believe I was ever in danger of being put to death here.

Man, you just ain't biting tonight. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

My dad is firming on the side of the protesters and said if he still lived out there he'd be on the streets as well.  I imagine they'd hit him with brick and take his wallet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2014, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 24, 2014, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2014, 09:43:48 PM
Anyone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask should be beaten with a bag of door knobs out of general principle.

I'll hold em down while you beat them.
While you do it I'll explain that he wasn't a terrorist for freedom, but one for an absolutist Catholic monarchy <_<

Comic books > 17th century history. :contract:

To me, people who insist on teaching the Anonymous the "real meaning of Guy Fawkes' mask" are as tedious as people who insist on explaining that a swastika is really a Hindu symbol of luck. SYMBOLS CHANGE MEANING. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:44:25 AM
My dad is firming on the side of the protesters and said if he still lived out there he'd be on the streets as well.  I imagine they'd hit him with brick and take his wallet.

It's just the black Friday craze starting earlier this year.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2014, 02:58:53 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2014, 01:44:25 AM

It's just the black Friday craze starting earlier this year.
That's racist!  :mad:

mongers

This is like a national ritual performance, almost all of the behaviour from all parties has been entirely predictable right from the beginning.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2014, 09:05:08 AM
This is like a national ritual performance, almost all of the behaviour from all parties has been entirely predictable right from the beginning.

And why shit won't ever change.  Just tune in next time.

derspiess

All parties?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 24, 2014, 10:57:17 PM
Well in a normal suspected murder the grand jury only hears the best evidence the prosecutor has, nothing that might remotely weaken his case. So it's atypical for the prosecutor to give so much information, typically the reason it's so easy to get an indictment is the prosecution only has to cherry pick enough evidence to show PC and the defense cannot present a defense or even appear before the grand jury unless called to testify.

25 days, 60 witnesses , etc. looks like total lack of control of the process.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Wait 60 witnesses?  That must have been one crowded street.

Well one cannot say they were not thorough.

How much of Fergusen is left this morning?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Don't know how much is left, but they apparently hit a Panera :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Martinus

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2014, 10:51:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2014, 09:32:21 AM

All parties?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/heavy-police-presence-in-ferguson-to-ensure-reside,37528/#

Anyway, the police clearly seemed to be holding back last night.