The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

If I was King I can't really imagine a scenario where I wouldn't have rioters massacred with immense brutality.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 24, 2014, 10:57:17 PM
Well in a normal suspected murder the grand jury only hears the best evidence the prosecutor has, nothing that might remotely weaken his case. So it's atypical for the prosecutor to give so much information, typically the reason it's so easy to get an indictment is the prosecution only has to cherry pick enough evidence to show PC and the defense cannot present a defense or even appear before the grand jury unless called to testify.
He also normally directs the jury to charge the suspect with a specific crime, the prosecutor just left it up to the Grand Jury. He punted.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:06:54 PM
Yeah.  Don't fault the people looting and rioting.

I believe there would be less people looting and rioting, with the opportunity for more effective crowd control, law enforcement, protection of private property and ensuring better officer safety if the announcement had been made at 9:15am instead of 9:15pm.   

Faulting the people in charge of maintaining public safety for not making the appropriate public safety decisions is not the same as absolving people from looting and rioting, you creepy ass cracker.

alfred russel

How much would it suck to be on that grand jury?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

You focus your ire in the oddest places, Seedy.

Anyway I figured all of this would have been avoided after Holder asked for restraint on the part of the evil police :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

So... is looting a dollar store really worth the effort? :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:21:09 PM
You focus your ire in the oddest places, Seedy.
Not really.  It's a sensible precaution that the people making these decisions should make them in such a way that it minimizes violence.  The people there are looking for an opportunity to commit violent acts.  Don't give it to them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:39:45 PM
So... is looting a dollar store really worth the effort? :lol:

Need Treet for Thanksgiving.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:00:35 PM
Watching the looting and violence.  Dumbasses.

Yup, incredibly irresponsible to make this kind of announcement after dark, risking the safety of both the public and officers.   But as we saw earlier in this saga with their response to the protests, these agencies seem to be a bit dull in the crisis management department.

I think they were waiting till schools were out and people had gotten home from work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 24, 2014, 11:12:25 PM
If I was King I can't really imagine a scenario where I wouldn't have rioters massacred with immense brutality.

You would probably end up being shot along with your family in the basement of some house if you were king on the orders of Ide and Money.  I doubt you would be a capable as even Czar Czar Nicholas II.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2014, 11:45:42 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 24, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

You would probably end up being shot along with your family in the basement of some house if you were king on the orders of Ide and Money.  I doubt you would be a capable as even Czar Czar Nicholas II.

Otto von Antoinette would spirit himself out of Frednecksburg to a comfortable life in exile long before that.

OttoVonBismarck

Seedy has the right of it, whatever I am one thing I'm pretty good at is recognizing when I'm in a weak position. I wouldn't do well as a near-modern day absolute monarch, but I can't name many that actually did. But in the pre-Revolutionary era I'd have done fine. I would have definitely seen the writing on the wall long before ole Nicky did and fled for greener pastures with the contents of the Amber Room and other national treasures.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 25, 2014, 12:06:30 AM
Seedy has the right of it, whatever I am one thing I'm pretty good at is recognizing when I'm in a weak position. I wouldn't do well as a near-modern day absolute monarch, but I can't name many that actually did. But in the pre-Revolutionary era I'd have done fine. I would have definitely seen the writing on the wall long before ole Nicky did and fled for greener pastures with the contents of the Amber Room and other national treasures.

So that's why you didn't post much of Languish for all those years.

OttoVonBismarck

I don't think I post much now, I think Languish just petered out for me. It had its heyday, now it's much reduced. I also got big into WoW there for a span 4-5 years. I do not believe I was ever in danger of being put to death here.