The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2014, 09:54:28 PM
I didn't get that impression.  But maybe you are right.

The part were he said "there were conflicting witness accounts" was kinda where I got that from.    :D

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 10:09:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2014, 09:54:28 PM
I didn't get that impression.  But maybe you are right.

The part were he said "there were conflicting witness accounts" was kinda where I got that from.    :D

The impression I didn't get was the 'none of them mattered' part :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
The impression I didn't get was the 'none of them mattered' part :P

That's what happens with conflicting accounts.  Unfortunately for this case, just like others we've seen, one of the only two people who knows exactly happened is dead.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 24, 2014, 09:47:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2014, 09:43:48 PM
Anyone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask should be beaten with a bag of door knobs out of general principle.

I'll hold em down while you beat them.
While you do it I'll explain that he wasn't a terrorist for freedom, but one for an absolutist Catholic monarchy <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

OttoVonBismarck

Well in a normal suspected murder the grand jury only hears the best evidence the prosecutor has, nothing that might remotely weaken his case. So it's atypical for the prosecutor to give so much information, typically the reason it's so easy to get an indictment is the prosecution only has to cherry pick enough evidence to show PC and the defense cannot present a defense or even appear before the grand jury unless called to testify.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2014, 10:01:24 PM
I was unaware the testimony conflicted.  I thought his friends didn't see what happened in the car, only what happened out of it.  And AFAIK the friends' testimony wasn't challenged.

You had witnesses who's testimony conflicted with other witnesses and testimony that conflicted with forensic evidence.  For instance some witnesses claim he was shot in the back, but no bullets struck him in the back.  He had only one friend on the scene, and he ran away before the shooting ( he had a warrant out for his arrest and probably had a better idea what would happen when you get stopped by the police 5 minutes after robbing a store).

Keep in mind the threshold for bring charges is lower then that of successfully prosecuting.  There was no case, the police officer acted properly.  Had the struggle gone the other way, Darren Wilson would be just another name on a plaque at the capital memorial for police who died in the line of duty, and Mike Brown would end up at Potosi (that's were Missouri executes people these days).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Watching the looting and violence.  Dumbasses.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

STL Wireless ought to be denied any insurance claims for not having the common sense to board up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:00:35 PM

Yup, incredibly irresponsible to make this kind of announcement after dark, risking the safety of both the public and officers.   But as we saw earlier in this saga with their response to the protests, these agencies seem to be a bit dull in the crisis management department.

derspiess

Fox News camera just got knocked out while documenting some hood rat's stolen gin and juice stash.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2014, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:00:35 PM

Yup, incredibly irresponsible to make this kind of announcement after dark, risking the safety of both the public and officers.   But as we saw earlier in this saga with their response to the protests, these agencies seem to be a bit dull in the crisis management department.

Yeah.  Don't fault the people looting and rioting.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2014, 11:06:54 PM
Yeah.  Don't fault the people looting and rioting.

It is always 100% the people's fault and never even 1% the governments.  I know how it goes "small government" dude.

If looting and rioting is expected why save the trigger until nighttime?  I don't see why that simple question that means there is no fault for looters and rioters.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Well yeah the looting is 100% the looter's fault. How is that even debateable?