The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on November 18, 2014, 12:13:55 PM
How about #dontshootunarmedkids?

Pretty sound advice for the most part.  Kind of like #dontassaultarmedcops & #dontcommitrobbery
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Oh you have proof he committed the robbery?  I thought the store owner said he never did rob the store after all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 12:20:47 PM
Oh you have proof he committed the robbery?  I thought the store owner said he never did rob the store after all.

He clearly did.  Store owner was just fearful for his life.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

How is it clear?  There is something clear about this?  But again I thought whether or not he robbed the store it was immaterial to the shooting which was unrelated.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Habbaku

DerSpites has a different definition of clearly than most, it would seem.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 12:30:47 PM
How is it clear?  There is something clear about this?

Seemed pretty clear to me. 

QuoteBut again I thought whether or not he robbed the store it was immaterial to the shooting which was unrelated.

It was semi-related.  But most importantly it changed the popular narrative that Michael Brown was a "gentle giant".

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on November 18, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

Are you saying it wasn't clearly a robbery?

Valmy

QuoteSeemed pretty clear to me.

Based on what?  Is this secret knowledge?

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2014, 12:38:45 PM
But most importantly it changed the popular narrative that Michael Brown was a "gentle giant".

Well whether or not it actually occurred hardly matters then since it changed popular narratives.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

And you are...and you won't say why...despite me fucking asking you twice.  Any particular reason?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 12:52:59 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

And you are...and you won't say why...despite me fucking asking you twice.  Any particular reason?

The surveillance video.

Oh, and his buddy admitted they had robbed the damn place.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/attorney-dorian-johnson-michael-brown-robbery/14118769/

Razgovory

Also the owner called it in to the police.  If Mike Brown survived his encounter with the police he'd be in jail awaiting trial for robbery and possibly assault.  I think Ide would call this the best possible outcome.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2014, 12:30:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

How is it clear?  There is something clear about this?  But again I thought whether or not he robbed the store it was immaterial to the shooting which was unrelated.

This is no longer believed to be the case.  Leaked tapes indicate that the officer had been given a description of the robbers, saw them, asked them to get out the street, then realized they fit the description and radioed that he had may have found them and asked for assistance.  He then backed up the car to talk to them.  One ran, the other attacked him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

I haven't read much of this thread and I assume this has already been said. This is going to erupt no matter the Grand Jury decision. If they don't indict the cop then people will riot over the injustice of letting him go. If they do indict the cop then people will riot over the injustice of the system being against them that this kind of thing happens.

It's going to be spurred mostly by radical types - Marxists, extreme leftists, anarchists, and the worst of the remnants of the Occupy movement. They've said they'll target local businesses (Budweiser and others mentioned), and institutional elements like government buildings, as if those things are the cause of racial issues. Those things represent what they're really after as they're all about a whole different agenda and this issue just gives them a place and time to go nuts.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on November 18, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

As long as the end result is a dead negro, but that's nothing new.  derweiß does like 'em dead.

derspiess