The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

When I was contracting with the federal government, two things caught my attention:

1.  The noticeable lack of individuals of Arab or Middle Eastern decent
2.  The tremendous abundance of Russians in IT and Scientific Computing

Just goes to show what a good, ol' fashioned 9/11 can do for rebalancing of the "Who's Scary Now?" demographics.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2014, 02:58:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
KILL WHITEY

Well that's a little extreme.

And incorrect, but hey, it's derweiß we're talking about here.  :pointyhood:

It's set up to make white people look silly & clueless, is it not?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

No, it is not.

The fact that white people look silly and clueless when it comes to discussing race...well, that's why we need to discuss race, now don't we?

Here, pick out which one you are:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/g65t3j/the-r-word

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

"Black people aren't interested in my job. Well, they should be, because I work in Fashion."  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

No, it is not.

The fact that white people look silly and clueless when it comes to discussing race...well, that's why we need to discuss race, now don't we?

Here, pick out which one you are:

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/g65t3j/the-r-word

Sorry but that didn't work well at all.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

NATION OF COWARDS
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 02:56:42 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2014, 02:41:22 PM
"Because slavery happened, does that mean we owe black people something?"

http://www.whitenessproject.org/

KILL WHITEY

Sadly I think this the typical view point of conservatives, that blacks are just waiting for the time when they can kill whites.  That's why Obama is so alarming to them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 05:00:17 PM
Talking about racism only exacerbates the problem!

That's not true, and that's not why the sketch is retarded.

Eddie Teach

Samantha Bee and the girl who made the Fashion comment I quoted appeared to be the only ones who knew they were doing a comedy sketch.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2014, 05:43:21 PM
Samantha Bee and the girl who made the Fashion comment I quoted appeared to be the only ones who knew they were doing a comedy sketch.

The brother with the swollen eye was pretty good.  :D

garbon

Quote from: sbr on October 10, 2014, 05:55:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87OfXVSSQQg

When I saw that, I thought it was another sign of how bad SNL is in general. Sort of good ideas that aren't ever fully developed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Kind of surprised SNL is still on. Other than the Palin sketches and a couple with Andy Samberg, haven't seen much funny stuff from them in 15 years.