The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 12:29:26 AM
When the last white person no longer feels the need to lock the car doors at an intersection with a black man on the corner at night, then the work will be done.

Do you do that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2014, 06:36:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2014, 12:16:42 AM
If we really haven't made any meaningful progress since 1865, why bother trying now?

When the last white person no longer feels the need to lock the car doors at an intersection with a black man on the corner at night, then the work will be done.

Good news, now the car does it automatically.
How does it detect black people?  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2014, 08:26:04 AM
I lock the door when I see a skeev of any color.

I am better than you.

Not sure how this follows unless you are saying everyone is a skeev.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2014, 08:32:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2014, 08:26:04 AM
I lock the door when I see a skeev of any color.

I am better than you.

Not sure how this follows unless you are saying everyone is a skeev.

They are.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

I can't think of anything obvious.  HEY THAT MEANS IM NOT RACISS

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 08:37:58 AM
I can't think of anything obvious.  HEY THAT MEANS IM NOT RACISS

Fuck it.

WATERMELON

derspiess

garbon

Quote from: HVC on October 10, 2014, 08:37:47 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2014, 08:36:08 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 08:33:05 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 10, 2014, 08:29:45 AM
How does it detect black people?  :huh:

Blackdar :contract:

I am withholding the obvious racist joke since Grab is in the thread.
he self identifies as Indian :P

That was several identities ago. At this point, with the facial hair I've got, I'm probably a terrorist. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Oh, man.  I thought you were opposed to facial hair.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2014, 01:58:25 AM

Can black people keep on locking their car doors in the hood?

It's not going to save their windows.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 08:29:16 AM

Do you do that?

Why should I?  I drive a stick shift.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 12:18:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2014, 08:29:16 AM

Do you do that?

Why should I?  I drive a stick shift.

:huh: