The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Looks like they had another night of ugliness.  People were driving in from other parts of town to get in on the looting, per the St. Louis mayor.

And the FAA apparently declared a no fly zone above Ferguson.  Meowtf?

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_2599.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

The airport is really close, and planes come in very low over that area.  They probably want it clear for helicopters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 12, 2014, 03:53:46 PM

That must be for the close air support.  There must be a local MOVE chapter thereabouts.   :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2014, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 12, 2014, 03:53:46 PM

That must be for the close air support.  There must be a local MOVE chapter thereabouts.   :lol:

:lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Another bad night.  *Another* police shooting, say the headlines.  This dude was armed, but it's still a police shooting so that's all you need to put in the headline. Also more rioting & stuff.  All wig shops in the area have been looted (I'm not kidding-- I read that yesterday).  Thankfully Rev. Al is there to fan the flames.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/uneasy-night-a-police-shooting-more-tear-gas-in-ferguson/article_7fb366f0-2f29-5bdd-b18b-34c9d8c688e7.html

Oh, and some woman got shot in the head in a drive-by, but no cops were involved so that's not really a big deal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

LOL, dercreepyasscracker.

Maybe the cops'll shoot some Catholic blacks that are on whore pills, and score you a hate trick.

derspiess

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2014, 03:24:25 PM
I have to admit I liked this. :blush:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23IfTheyGunnedMeDown

An attempt to promote moderate, intelligent, non-hyperbolic conversation about how minorities are portrayed in the media and how that affects perceptions of that minority? :o

You have failed Languish. :angry:
Experience bij!

derspiess

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2014, 03:36:31 PM
How about not living the stereotype?

So if I were to participate by taking a photo of myself flipping the camera off with a 40 in my lap and then a picture of my graduation day from college - would I be "living the stereotype?"

Martinus