The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2014, 08:30:30 AM
I like to tell Americans that their government is not out to get you or kill you.

Apparently, the Police feel differently.

Particularly young unarmed black dudes.  Though sometimes the neighborhood watch joins in.  Really it is a national disgrace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Maybe Ferguson should just be absorbed into St. Louis.  Or would St. Louis want it?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Man this is just crazy how out of control the Ferguson cops are.  Jailing reporters and shutting down cameras and gassing peaceful protestors.  No wonder the situation went ape shit.  WTF?  Were they trying to start a riot?  It is also interesting just how universal the condemnation is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM
Man this is just crazy how out of control the Ferguson cops are.  Jailing reporters and shutting down cameras and gassing peaceful protestors.  No wonder the situation went ape shit.  WTF?  Were they trying to start a riot?  It is also interesting just how universal the condemnation is.

I don't know enough to say one way or the other, but I suppose one could make the argument that those extreme measures were in response to the initial unrest.  Not that it necessarily would validate them.  Also, they are obviously getting some outside help, so who knows at this point who is running the show.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2014, 09:57:49 AM

According to NPR after dark the protestors become rioters essentially.  Lots of damage and looting to local shops.  Apparently the 'protesters' were throwing molotov cocktails at police last night.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

derspiess'll be your typical racist and goof on Reverend Al going there, but at least he's talking to the public and telling them not to riot which, I'll note, is substantially more than the police or city leaders have attempted to do until the police chief made a statement yesterday. 
Granted, it's only a 50 many department, but they've really dropped the ball on this, and keep turning a PR nightmare into a bigger PR nightmare.

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 14, 2014, 10:06:31 AM
According to NPR after dark the protestors become rioters essentially.  Lots of damage and looting to local shops.  Apparently the 'protesters' were throwing molotov cocktails at police last night.

Yep when law and order breaks down looting tends to commence.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2014, 10:09:55 AM
derspiess'll be your typical racist and goof on Reverend Al going there, but at least he's talking to the public and telling them not to riot which, I'll note, is substantially more than the police or city leaders have attempted to do until the police chief made a statement yesterday. 
Granted, it's only a 50 many department, but they've really dropped the ball on this, and keep turning a PR nightmare into a bigger PR nightmare.

They're too busy working the lines with the Gestapo DHS trying to get a few used MRAPs and SAWs.

derspiess

derspiess'll be your typical racist and goof on Reverend Al going there,

:lol: He's been a joke since the 80s and you know it.  You're just pretending to respect him because he has that awesome PMSNBC show.  RESIST WE MUCH

Quotebut at least he's talking to the public and telling them not to riot 

Is he?  IIRC he was mostly whipping up the crowd, chanting "No justice, no peace."

QuoteGranted, it's only a 50 many department, but they've really dropped the ball on this, and keep turning a PR nightmare into a bigger PR nightmare.

Yep.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 14, 2014, 08:21:21 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2014, 08:16:57 AM
Hardly any Asians or Latinos though how weird is that?

Sounds like Cincy.

They tend to live in the places that have been growing in the past 50 years. Except Arabs, who for some reason have gravitated to Detroit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 14, 2014, 11:22:08 AM
derspiess'll be your typical racist and goof on Reverend Al going there,

:lol: He's been a joke since the 80s and you know it.  You're just pretending to respect him because he has that awesome PMSNBC show.  RESIST WE MUCH

You'll notice the civil rights movement doesn't get involved when law enforcement does its job.  They don't show up when armed young black men get shot by the police. They don't show up when the civic leaders do their jobs.

Quotebut at least he's talking to the public and telling them not to riot 

Is he?  IIRC he was mostly whipping up the crowd, chanting "No justice, no peace."

Yeah, he is. A public appeal to peace and a cessation to looting that trivializes Brown's death is not "whipping up" the crowd. But you probably didn't see the assembly, since you can't see or hear too good through that Klan shroud.

QuoteGranted, it's only a 50 many department, but they've really dropped the ball on this, and keep turning a PR nightmare into a bigger PR nightmare.

Yep.

Don't "yup" me, this is all right up your alley.  A police department in over its head, with city and state officials completely mute, is an opportunity to shoot more of those damned dirty negros.
Go buy another gun, I'm sure there's a white sale somewhere.

garbon

Al Sharpton. Ugh.

I used to love the parody of him that was feature on Law & Order.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2014, 12:41:35 PM
You'll notice the civil rights movement doesn't get involved when law enforcement does its job.  They don't show up when armed young black men get shot by the police. They don't show up when the civic leaders do their jobs.

:lol: That was true back in the day.  Today, not so much. 

Don't "yup" me, this is all right up your alley.  A police department in over its head, with city and state officials completely mute, is an opportunity to shoot more of those damned dirty negros.
Go buy another gun, I'm sure there's a white sale somewhere.

I was agreeing with you.

CountDeMoney