The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Right. But probably not enough to actually get the other side to acknowledge there is a problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2017, 06:54:14 AM
No, I don't suppose they would be turned on at the time.  Funny, that.

Apparently, policy says that they are turned on when the officers exit the squad car.  That's why they had to shoot her from inside the car.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2017, 06:54:14 AM
Quote"The BCA's investigation is in its early stages. More information will be available once initial interviews with incident participants and any witnesses are complete. ... The officers' body cameras were not turned on at the time and the squad camera did not capture the incident. Investigators are attempting to determine whether any video of the incident exists."

No, I don't suppose they would be turned on at the time.  Funny, that.

They are so good at keeping police accountable!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Too much Iraq War veteran, and not enough Joe Friday.  Heck, we might be better with Frank Drebin.

CountDeMoney

He's not responding to your commands because he is drunk.  That's what drunks do.  Because they are drunk.

So stop fucking shouting, and since his hands are up you can put the gun away, and help him find his way to the ground and cuffed in such a manner that, oh I don't know, would be deemed appropriate if one were being recorded.

Ed Anger

Tim, The batman villian I want to be is Harley Quinn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2017, 10:25:54 PM
It is believed the couple were engaged in a sexual act in front of other party-goers when about 40 police from the heavily-armed Critical Incident Response Team stormed into the club.

I guess they figure it was cheaper than a night at a strippers club.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

They gave up on trying that Cincy cop after 2 mistrials. The prosecutor doesn't think they can get a conviction if they try a 3rd time.

Valmy

We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. You would think we would be more skilled at getting people convicted than that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2017, 10:35:22 AM
We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. You would think we would be more skilled at getting people convicted than that.

Hi! This is today's Ed quoting a fine gentleman, Ed from some days ago:

QuoteJustice department won't charge the cop in the Crawford Beavercreek Wally World shooting. Like it mattered. Cops tend not to be convicted in Ohio, unless the cop is a total choad.

jimmy olsen

ACLU claims DC cops sexually molested protesters

https://thinkprogress.org/aclu-sees-dc-cops-over-inauguration-arrests-971b821c9480

Quote...
"Molestation and rape as punishment"
The "guilt by association" round-up and mass arrests, the liberal use of pepper spray, and the kettling itself would all be constitutionally dubious enough on their own, the ACLU-D.C.'s Scott Michelman said Wednesday.

But the experiences of the lawsuit's four plaintiffs — independent photojournalist Shay Horse, volunteer legal observer Judah Ariel, and peaceful protesters Elizabeth Lagesse and Milo Gonzalez — suggest that MPD sought physical and emotional retribution on the hundreds of people kettled, the ACLU alleges.

An officer ordered Horse, fellow plaintiff Milo Gonzalez, and three others to take their pants off before grabbing their testicles and then inserting a finger into their anuses while "other officers laughed," the complaint alleges. Horse is a photojournalist, one of six reporters initially arrested and charged whose cases have been dismissed.

"It felt like they were trying to...break us so that even if the charges didn't stick, that night would be our punishment."

"I felt like they were using molestation and rape as punishment. They used those tactics to inflict pain and misery on people who are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty," Horse said. "It felt like they were trying to break me and the others — break us so that even if the charges didn't stick, that night would be our punishment."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point