The Shooting Gallery: Police Violence MEGATHREAD

Started by Syt, August 11, 2014, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Sane Republicans?  What is this?  Did we beocome a forum about cryptozoology over the weekend?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2016, 09:47:15 AM
Sane Republicans?  What is this?  Did we beocome a forum about cryptozoology over the weekend?

There was enough sarcasm dripping out of Oex's post that I was afraid I might drown.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2016, 09:47:15 AM

<WHOOOSH>
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Lettow77

Quote from: Syt on October 09, 2016, 03:57:50 AM

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation decided within eight hours of arriving at the scene that if a crime had occurred, it had happened in Georgia. It sent the van on its way. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation declined to follow up, records show.

Getting right to the heart of what really matters, I see.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

A Bengals win, Pizzagate, and now this.  Your pet causes are on a roll, derSkittles. :yeah:  And it's only Monday.

Jurors Unable to Agree in Trial of South Carolina Officer Who Shot Walter Scott

Imagine that.

#ThisIsWhatTotalFearLooksLike

Berkut

One juror. One fucking douchebag who refused to convict no matter what.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

You would think that, even if shooting him 8 times in the back while he's running away wasn't enough, that maybe picking up the Taser and dropping it near the body to construct a false report would get through someone's head, but hey.  That's the South for you.

Berkut

https://gfycat.com/LightFeminineEasternglasslizard

At least this guy is going to jail for a little while anyway.

Convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Apparently he accidently pulled out his gun and shot the guy twice.

Then when the rest of the cops showed up moments later, he told them that the guy in the vehicle was refusing to get out. Didn't mention that the reason he was refusing to get out was that he had shot and killed him until after the EMTs showed up and noticed some bullet holes in him.

"Oh yeah, I might have shot him...."

0 rows returned

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2016, 09:42:38 PM

Convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Apparently he accidently pulled out his gun and shot the guy twice.

Then when the rest of the cops showed up moments later, he told them that the guy in the vehicle was refusing to get out. Didn't mention that the reason he was refusing to get out was that he had shot and killed him until after the EMTs showed up and noticed some bullet holes in him.

He got off lucky.  Nothing involuntary about that.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2016, 09:45:55 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2016, 09:42:38 PM

He got off lucky.  Nothing involuntary about that.

Accidentally pulled his gun. He mistook his gun for ......what. What a fucking knob.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

"Huh.  Flashlight usually goes on after two clicks.  Also, doesn't that extremely loud bang."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2016, 09:50:02 PM
Accidentally pulled his gun. He mistook his gun for ......what. What a fucking knob.

I don't get it, even in crazy ass goofy Baltimore, it was hammered into our heads that a wrong shoot meant your ass.  If you were lucky, it could only mean your job.  And this was long before cameras were everywhere.

Then again, we weren't trained to be afraid all the time.  That whole "your job is to go home safe every night" bullshit has turned law enforcement into a mess of bunker-mentality foxhole fear.  I don't recall us being afraid of shit---except of other cops, but that is a different story.  :P

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2016, 09:55:12 PM
"Huh.  Flashlight usually goes on after two clicks.  Also, doesn't that extremely loud bang."

:lol: I know, he thought it was his ASP.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".