The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

The BBC had some hot action footage from Raaqa. Kurd chick with .50cal sniper rifle gave me a murder boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2017, 07:35:31 PM
The BBC had some hot action footage from Raaqa. Kurd chick with .50cal sniper rifle gave me a murder boner.

Speaking of .50cal sniper rifles...

QuoteCanuckistani sniper shoots, scores

A sniper in the Canadian special forces shot and killed an Islamic State (IS) fighter from a distance of 2.1 miles (3,540m) in Iraq last month.

Military sources told Toronto's Globe and Mail newspaper that the gunman is a member of Joint Task Force 2, and made the shot from a high-rise building.

It took the bullet almost 10 seconds to hit its target, it reports.

Ed Anger

The apology from the sniper arrived 10 seconds after that. Canucks are so polite.

CountDeMoney

With the exchange rate, it's actually only 7 seconds.  FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF SMUG

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2017, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 22, 2017, 07:35:31 PM

Speaking of .50cal sniper rifles...

QuoteCanuckistani sniper shoots, scores

A sniper in the Canadian special forces shot and killed an Islamic State (IS) fighter from a distance of 2.1 miles (3,540m) in Iraq last month.

Military sources told Toronto's Globe and Mail newspaper that the gunman is a member of Joint Task Force 2, and made the shot from a high-rise building.

It took the bullet almost 10 seconds to hit its target, it reports.
I highly doubt that was .50cal.  Sounds a lot like .338 Lapua.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2017, 09:00:14 PM
With the exchange rate, it's actually only 7 seconds.  FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF SMUG

The round was dipped in flannel.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on June 22, 2017, 09:01:20 PM
I highly doubt that was .50cal.  Sounds a lot like .338 Lapua.

QuoteThe shot, which sources tell the paper was filmed, is thought to be a record for the longest confirmed kill.

The sniper worked in tandem with an observer, who helps to spot targets, and used a standard Canadian military issued McMillan TAC-50 rifle.

"The shot in question actually disrupted a Daesh [so-called Islamic State] attack on Iraqi security forces," a military source told the paper.

DEEGEE KANT REED  :(

DGuller

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 23, 2017, 12:13:20 PM
Also, has Trudeau issued an apology yet?

Usually, the panels are done about a week early, so no, nothing in Doonesbury until probably next week.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on June 23, 2017, 12:13:20 PM
Also, has Trudeau issued an apology yet?

Pretty sure the sniper muttered "sorry" as he pulled the trigger. So the apology was issued 10 seconds in advance, as it were.