News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Power adapter died

Started by jimmy olsen, March 30, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It seems the power adpater on my Laptop has died. Didn't notice until it shut down because it ran out of power. Are these generally easily replaceable or do you need the specific cord/adapter that came with the Laptop? Mine is a huge 19 inch ASUS gaming rig and the adapter is quite the brick. Am I going to have to order the specify model online and have my parents ship it over?

Sorry for any typos, posting from my kindle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

You'll probably have to look it up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

eBay.  Just look for [laptop model] power adapter, and you'll probably find an off-brand one for about $10-15.  The big things are the jack has to match, the voltage has to match exactly, and the amps have to be at least the number listed on the label.  It's all on a label on the bottom of the laptop (except for the jack type); if you don't see it on the bottom of the laptop, pull the battery out and check underneath.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Looks like I found what I need.

Anyone know if prontocharger.com is a reputable website?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Never mind found what I want on Amazon

1 Karma Chameleon point