News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Salt & Potato powder : the success of a perfectly done McD's fries.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 17, 2009, 11:03:07 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2009, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2009, 08:32:15 PM
Since we're talking about fast food, I like those new angus burgers at McDonalds.
Really? seems a waste of Angus beef.
I suppose I'm easily pleased.
I go to McD's for their McGriddles.  I think their french fries are the best after Wendy's (except Wendy's have to be eaten right away) but their burgers never impressed me.  Too much filler.
I love McD's fries. :mmm:

you should start smoking cigarettes. they are arguably healthier.   :P
humans were created in their own image

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 08:45:50 PMI go to McD's for their McGriddles.  I think their french fries are the best after Wendy's (except Wendy's have to be eaten right away)

I've thought the same thing about McDonalds fries, you have to eat them right away or they are inedible.  That pretty much goes for fries in general. 

Zanza

saskganesh

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 17, 2009, 12:13:17 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 08:45:50 PMI go to McD's for their McGriddles.  I think their french fries are the best after Wendy's (except Wendy's have to be eaten right away)

I've thought the same thing about McDonalds fries, you have to eat them right away or they are inedible.  That pretty much goes for fries in general.
real potatoes are good cold, in a bun, with pepper, cheese, onion and an egg. its like a perogie sandwich.

Caliga

IMO Arby's fries, which are of the spicy/curly variety, have the longest 'shelf life' in the fast food kingdom.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on August 17, 2009, 12:35:58 PM

IMO Arby's fries, which are of the spicy/curly variety, have the longest 'shelf life' in the fast food kingdom.

I though twinkies were the champion. is this a challenge?

stjaba

Making platanos maduros, aka sweet plantains. Tonight I will be attempting to make Chicken Roganjosh.

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on August 17, 2009, 12:39:09 PMI though twinkies were the champion. is this a challenge?
:lol: I didn't mean literal shelf life.  I mean their fries stay edible the longest after coming out of the fryer.

Caliga

Quote from: stjaba on August 17, 2009, 12:40:22 PM
I will be attempting to make Chicken Roganjosh.
:cool:

Rogan josh is one of the harder Indian dishes to do well, but oh is it good when you get it right. :mmm:

jimmy olsen

Twinkies are inferior to Zingers.

:mmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Just got back from Coldstone Creamery- birthday freebie consisted of french vanilla ice cream, strawberries, and a generous helping of the girlfriend's chocolate waffle cone. :D
Experience bij!

stjaba

Quote from: Caliga on August 17, 2009, 01:03:26 PM
Quote from: stjaba on August 17, 2009, 12:40:22 PM
I will be attempting to make Chicken Roganjosh.
:cool:

Rogan josh is one of the harder Indian dishes to do well, but oh is it good when you get it right. :mmm:

It turned out well. It wasn't exactly the same as restaurant quality, but it was really good. It was more complicated than I am used to, and it took a while to cook.

I made chicken jalfrezi last night, which was definitely easier to make, but it didn't turn out as well.