Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Don't see the point of the kale.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Caliga

Try smoking it if you have a smoker.  Smoked meatloaf = delicious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Toni is a hipster.  :mad:

I only buy organic, free range, grass-fed meats.  :sleep:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on November 29, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
Try smoking it if you have a smoker.  Smoked meatloaf = delicious.

I live in a condo, don't really have a deck, and it's 20 degrees outside and snowed several inches.  :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 29, 2014, 10:17:11 PM
Vitamins?  Nutrients?

Meatloaf isn't supposed to have clammy bits of seaweed swimming around in it.  You'll fuck up the texture.

Tonitrus

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Texture was iffy, but not bad (not enough kale to be a factor).

Tastes good though, so all is good.  :)

Syt

Had my first attempt at a cheddar cheese sauce with bacon bits yesterday.

Result: mediocre. I had to use twice the milk suggested in the recipe to get the right consistency, and I think I used too much flour, because it's pretty dominant in taste. Also, I need to find a balance for the spices I add.

However, served over potato wedges and deep fried chicken it's surprisingly edible.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Just had a motherfucking delicious store brand pizza.  Pesto and mozzarella.  Would not have predicted that it would be possibly the best pizza I've had in about five years.  It was very similar to the pizza place in my hometown, long since closed.  Thick dollops of cheese on crunchy crust.  Tastes like: nostalgia.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

For what it's worth, I've found the frozen Kashi thin-crust pizzas to be quite good, and the calorie count not too intolerable if one were to indulge in the entire thing in one meal.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 30, 2014, 01:25:37 AM
"If"? :unsure:

I usually do as a matter of course.  :sleep:

And for you, pretty much all of them are vegetarian (750-ish calories for the whole thing).