News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Just had one of the nicest burgers in my time in Vienna - and from a delivery service, no less (a few blocks away).

On the bottom part of the bun was a jam from glazed bacon, and some rucola/rocket. Then the nicely grilled 1/4 pounder. On it, a few slices of cherry tomatoes, and a few more rucola leaves. On top, just enough blue cheese to be absorbed into the bun without getting soggy.

It looked small, but was really filling, and the ingredients very nicely complimented each other without any one becoming overbearing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Because I say so, it's official: Carl's Jr. is better than Hardee's.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Laksekrebinetter med stuvet spinat og kartofler.

I do not know how to translate that dish but it's very delicious.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Something with spinach and potatoes?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Similar to this, but the salmon is mashed, mixed with various stuff and then coated in egg yolk and fine breadcrumbs.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

So neither spinach nor potatoes?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on October 08, 2014, 01:03:16 PM
So neither spinach nor potatoes?

Those are potatoes in the picture, next to the lemon. And that is spinach, but cooked with creme and something I think.

Syt

As long as it isn't Labskaus.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2014, 01:07:12 PM
As long as it isn't Labskaus.

I don't know what culinary atrocities you commit in Northern Germany, but there's nothing wrong with (skipper)labskovs :angry:

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on October 08, 2014, 01:13:39 PM
Or Leberkäse  :yuk:

:mmm:

Only good when it's hot, though. Preferably in a bun.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Liep on October 08, 2014, 01:16:40 PM
I don't know what culinary atrocities you commit in Northern Germany, but there's nothing wrong with (skipper)labskovs :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labskaus

:x
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Okay, that's one for the Hague. :x

Syt

One of the few German dishes I miss is Grünkohl. :(

—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Chicken and ginger soup and homemade bread.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers