Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2014, 06:49:18 PM
I'd risk my life for some killer sausage gravy. :licklips:

If you went through the week I had, you wouldn't.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Well I didn't, so I would. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Got a whole chicken in my brand new smoker.  Since my cousin and his wife are in Kentucky and we invited them over for a spur-of-the-moment kinda dinner, I hope it turns out well. :ph34r:

I rubbed it with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, salt, and olive oil.  Smoking it with a combination of Jack Daniels whiskey barrel chips and hickory.

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on August 17, 2014, 03:47:58 PM
Got a whole chicken in my brand new smoker.  Since my cousin and his wife are in Kentucky and we invited them over for a spur-of-the-moment kinda dinner, I hope it turns out well. :ph34r:

I rubbed it with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, salt, and olive oil.  Smoking it with a combination of Jack Daniels whiskey barrel chips and hickory.

You can't fail with a smoked chicken in my experience (so long as you don't overcook it.)  Even if you hadn't used a rub it would still turn out well.  A dark beer with your rub added would make for an excellent mop.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Dinner went well amd the chicken was great, though it didn't have a whole hell of a lot of smoke flavor.  I was afraid to overdo it on the wood chips so I a) didn't soak them, and b) only added like 3-4 new chips once an hour or so (I did fill the chip hopper up before I started the smoker, too).

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

My mom's peach pie and a pina colada. :cool:

Caliga

I had a chili dog and disco fries for lunch.   :cool:

Ed Anger

Tudor's biscuit world screwed up  my order and gave me a 'Duke'. Egg, cheese, bacon and a hash brown biscuit sandwich.

What an abomination.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Sounds like it should be delicious. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.