News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I've eaten a ton of merguez, never new it was mutton.

Caliga

Just got back from the German-American Club Gesangverein biergarten.  Hadn't been before but Princesca and I were figuring it would just be a few dozen old people... there were probably over 1,000 people there though. :cool:  There were a surprising number of actual Germans there, also.

We had jager schnitzel, spatzle, kartoffelsalat, sauerkraut, and strudel.  Also had Oktoberfest and Warsteiner on tap.  I wanted Hefeweizen but they didn't have it. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Barrister

I made pizza on the BBQ.  Delicious. :mmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 13, 2014, 04:40:50 AM
Warsteiner. :x

My German friend grew up close to Warstein, so he's happy to have it so plentiful and cheap here in the US. He appreciated the Weihenstephaner, Geisterzug Gose, and Moenchshof Schwarzbier I brought yesterday, but he mostly drank his Warsteiner Dunkel.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 13, 2014, 10:59:26 PM
I made pizza on the BBQ.  Delicious. :mmm:

There was a place near where I lived when I went to law school that did pizzas in brick oven with wood fire coals.  They were amazing.  I imagine a BBQ would be about the same.

Josquius

I'm having some sushi, my first meal in 2 days
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Tamas, whatever it is you do in London, stop it and go home.
I got beets with every single meal I ordered except breakfast.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on July 15, 2014, 04:56:37 AM
I'm having some sushi, my first meal in 2 days

Some sort of slow motion suicide?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

What the hell Tyr?  What are you doing over there?  Sleeping outside and not eating for two days?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Princesca and I do this thing sometimes where we watch a movie and make a dinner 'appropriate' to the movie.  Last night we watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, so we found a Bolivian recipe to go along with it.... some thing called 'majao'.

It was the SHIZNIT! :cool:  Basically, you take either beef jerky or beef stew meat and boil it in brine for ten minutes.  You then set the beef aside and save the water.  Meanwhile, you saute red onion in corn oil till translucent, and then add chopped tomato, cayenne pepper, a cup of the brine, and two beef bouillon cubes to the pan.  After you cook all that shit together you throw it into tthe pot with the rest of the brine, add two cups of rice, and then some more water, and you cook the rice up like a risotto, basically.

Meanwhile, you take two plantains, cut them in half, and fry them in a little corn oil (I used an electric griddle for this).  Once those are done and the rice has absorbed all of the water, you fry two eggs and serve the majao with the plantains on the side and topped with a fried egg.

Sheilbh

Chicken cooked in tomato and vinegar, with garlic cream fine beans and salad :mmm: :w00t:

Same as last night and the whole weekend.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

2 plain biscuits from Tudor's.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

A falafel and hummus pita.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.