And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 03:39:14 PM
:lol:  Big Lots cookies.

The international foods there are pretty good.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Do you have to buy 600 at a shot?

derspiess

What international stuff do they have there?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 03:49:07 PM
What international stuff do they have there?

Cookies. And weird jelly with all the seeds and shit in it.

I like the cookies. Less sweet than American ones usually.

derspiess

Is it old or something?  Just wondering why Big Lots carries stuff like that. 

I usually hit up Jungle Jim's or maybe IKEA for my international food needs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I check the dates. Shit's fresh.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2014, 04:08:21 PM
IKEA for my international food needs.

You build your own cookies, I presume?

crazy canuck

Eating more sushi lately.  The stuff is expensive but it is so good.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2014, 03:34:32 PM
I bought a whole bunch of foreign cookies at Big Lots and ate and Ide style lunch.
I miss Ocean State Job Lot.  Sorry, Ocean State JAWB LAWT. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 05:43:57 PM
Eating more sushi lately.  The stuff is expensive but it is so good.
It's worth every penny.

Syt

The grocery at the corner had steak at half price because its best before date is this Sunday. I picked up a pound each of rib-eye and a pound of rump steak for under €10 (which is a huge bargain here).

Just had the rib-eye with baked potato and a small salad. Very good cut, though I would say that the slices were two thin (half an inch instead of a full inch), making it a bit tricky to fry it rare, but I managed.

Tomorrow the rump steak, then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

For the first time in quite a while I went to a French restaurant today.  This one specializes in Provencal cuisine.  It was: delicious.

I had a merguez sandwich.  It was a baguette with merguez (mutton sausage spiced with harissa), dijon, carrot, and lettuce served with pommes frites and a mesclun salad.  Had a glass of wine from Carcasonne with that (I forget what it was called exactly but it tasted like a merlot).

Ideologue

I had two egg and cheese biscuits and a couple bowls of ramen.  I might have a third.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)