And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 03:12:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2014, 03:08:50 PM
Huh, my waitress was all over my table. And the church crowd was starting to pack the place.

Maybe it's you.

My experience matches Cal's, now that I think of it.  Not that I *need* those extra fries, mind you.

I don't think anyone does.  They're not actually that good.

I get two burgers at a time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Right near me a few macaron places have opened up. I've never actually had them (I demurred at the prices when in Montreal and never sought a shop out when in Paris -_-) but as part of supporting positive local business, I went and purchased some for my aunt's b-day. Got myself a few as well - These are so tasty!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

:huh:

They are made from cows, correct?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 28, 2014, 12:59:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

:huh:

They are made from cows, correct?

Ah, I see you're unfamiliar with Red Robin.  They offer veggie patty alternatives.  They're actually quite delicious.

I have accidentally gotten one with bacon before.  Oopsy.  For a no-education service position that actually pays almost a living wage, you'd think waiters and waitresses would do their jobs slightly better--I was trained to be sensitive to customers' needs, and I'd have definitely suspected that someone getting a veggie patty burger might be a vegetarian and ask if the bacon was, if you'll pardon the pun, kosher.

Of course, the actual goal of waitstaff is turnover, because money.  Service is secondary.  We live in terrible days with a time horizon on our decisionmaking processes that doesn't extend past about sixty seconds.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

Fresh strawberries and vanilla ice.  :mmm:

Liep

A bun with leverpostej and pickled beetroot.

:mmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on May 31, 2014, 01:10:21 PM
Fresh strawberries and vanilla ice.  :mmm:

Too cold, too cold.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

All the chili had gathered in the bottom of the kebab I just ate. :fire:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

God, I really should not have bought pop tarts.  I was better off eating boxes of cookies.  These motherfuckers are like 220 calories apiece. :bleeding:
Kinemalogue