News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Ordered shrimp lo mein, got shrimp lo mein, chicken lo mein, and beef lo mein. <_<

Oh well.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 11:57:06 AM
Ordered shrimp lo mein, got shrimp lo mein, chicken lo mein, and beef lo mein. <_<

Oh well.
Did you: eat it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2014, 02:33:15 PM
Ate at Red Robin for the first time. The food was good, but the ambiance was like eating in Guy Fieri's jockstrap.

Only thing that would have made me more uncomfortable would have been Smashmouth playing over the speakers.
I like Red Robin but they annoy me in that they advertise 'bottomless fries', yet it's almost impossible to flag your waiter down to get them once you get your burgers. <_<

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2014, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 11:57:06 AM

Oh well.
Did you: eat it.

About half of it.  It was just going to get trashed if I didn't.  I bought too much, it was too greasy, and while the shrimp and chicken were fine, the beef was leathery and kind of gross.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
the beef was leathery and kind of gross.

At a Chinese place?  No way!!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I had pancakes and sausage on a stick. 
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 01:12:09 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
the beef was leathery and kind of gross.

At a Chinese place?  No way!!

Well, I didn't order it. :P
Kinemalogue

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
Well, I didn't order it. :P

Oh, I know.  Just commenting the "beef" you get at those places.  Which isn't always better than the "chicken".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

In my experience it's actually not bad at Panda Express, but that's definitely the exception as far as Chinese places go.

Admiral Yi

I've stopped getting chicken dishes at Chinese carry outs.  The way they hack up the little wok-ready bits always leaves some nasty tendons and shit.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2014, 12:09:50 PM
Ate at Red Robin for the first time. The food was good, but the ambiance was like eating in Guy Fieri's jockstrap.

Only thing that would have made me more uncomfortable would have been Smashmouth playing over the speakers.
I like Red Robin but they annoy me in that they advertise 'bottomless fries', yet it's almost impossible to flag your waiter down to get them once you get your burgers. <_<

Huh, my waitress was all over my table. And the church crowd was starting to pack the place.

Maybe it's you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Yeah, they've always been pretty good at mine.  Love Red Robin, wish it were closer, I'd eat there like four times a week. :mmm:
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2014, 03:08:50 PM

Huh, my waitress was all over my table. And the church crowd was starting to pack the place.

Maybe it's you.

How did she get past your brood?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Maybe it's you.

My experience matches Cal's, now that I think of it.  Not that I *need* those extra fries, mind you.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on May 27, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

Maybe it's you.

How did she get past your brood?

Very carefully.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive