News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 10:00:49 AM
When it doubt make an insightful comment in response to an old post.
I just read it for the first time, so I commented on it.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Had some newfangled artisan ice cream: coffee and cardamom. It was not very good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2014, 09:41:10 AM
Had some newfangled artisan ice cream: coffee and cardamom. It was not very good.

But it was artisan, anything that's described as artisan or bespoke, must be good, you clearly don't sufficiently developed upper-midldle class tastes.  :P

In other news, last night I had sardines on toast; still probably my all-time favourite snack.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

:hmm:  I've had both coffee ice cream and cardamom ice cream separately, and liked both.  I can see how they wouldn't go well together, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I like coffee flavored sweets. I guess in this one the cardamom was too dominant. Also, I think they may have left out the sugar. It's weird to eat a non-sweet ice cream.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

skyr. :cool:

Never had it before.  It tastes pretty much the same as Greek yogurt to me, though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

you didn't fus ro dah at least
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Had to look this up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardamom#Food_and_drink

Can you describe its taste? Wiki is a bit vague.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 25, 2014, 07:04:06 AM
Had to look this up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardamom#Food_and_drink

Can you describe it's taste. Wiki is a bit vague.

http://bit.ly/1kfsv8k
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Ate at Red Robin for the first time. The food was good, but the ambiance was like eating in Guy Fieri's jockstrap.

Only thing that would have made me more uncomfortable would have been Smashmouth playing over the speakers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2014, 02:33:15 PM
Ate at Red Robin for the first time. The food was good, but the ambiance was like eating in Guy Fieri's jockstrap.

Only thing that would have made me more uncomfortable would have been Smashmouth playing over the speakers.

My kids like that place.  I haven't eaten there in a year or two but the burger with the barbecue sauce was pretty decent.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Just had a ham & cheese sammich on toasted pretzel bread.  Slammin'.  You could put just about anything on that bread (which is really just a soft pretzel with sesame seeds instead of salt) and have it taste good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall