News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It's a beautiful day today, and I had off, so I decided to take a stroll to Mariahilfer Straße, the main shopping street, for some purchases. At the far end is one of our few KFCs. I hadn't been in a long time, so with a swing in my step and a tune on my lips I thought, "Why not?"

Their soda fountain seems to be broken. At any rate, they were pouring coke from bottles instead. Ok, can happen.

I had a chicken cheese sandwich menu and some hot wings. The fries were practically unsalted. Worse, though: the sandwich was dripping with mayonnaise - almost like they had dunked all the ingredients in it. The worst: the chicken was lukewarm at best, and the rest of the ingredients had a temperature as if they had come straight from the refrigerator.

I rarely complain in a fast food joint, but I returned that frozen thing and had it replaced by a warm one. I did get some extra chicken strips for free, though. And the hot wings were ok.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Sashimi.  :licklips:
And one maki roll.

Except for bukkake, raw fish dishes are the only good thing to come from Japan. Oh, and cars.

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on May 02, 2014, 08:59:57 AM
Except for bukkake, raw fish dishes are the only good thing to come from Japan. Oh, and cars.
Also, Scotch... strangely enough.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

MadImmortalMan

What?

Japan has created some pretty good scotch in recent decades.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Norgy

Honestly, I wouldn't know, would I?  :cry:

The Brain

They have some nice alcohol-free ones.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on February 28, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 28, 2014, 03:04:46 PM
They seemed to have been going for the weirdest sandwich they could find in each state as opposed to the one that actually typifies the state.

In some cases, yes; but the Cuban is certainly Florida's sandwich.
Same for Rhode Island and the Italian Grinder
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

When it doubt make an insightful comment in response to an old post.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Posts take a long time to cross the Pacific.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
They have some nice alcohol-free ones.

A couple Christmases ago one of our vendors sent us a selection of non-alcoholic bourbon balls and other "treats" flavored with whatever bourbon substitute was used.  I was not upset when we decided not to renew our contract with them a few months later.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I had a burrito from Hardee's.  :wacko: It was alright.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I made Mole Negra from Oaxaca last night.  Down with the Hapsburg liberal-Monarchical tyranny and their French lackeys!  :mad: 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

I'm waiting for Veinticinco de Mayo to celebrate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on May 05, 2014, 03:01:34 PM
In honor of Cinco de Mayo I made Mole Negra from Oaxaca last night.  Down with the Hapsburg liberal-Monarchical tyranny and their French lackeys!  :mad: 

Hey!  Those Mexican landowners told them the people wanted liberal-Monarchical tyranny and would embrace French lackeys.  Dancing in the streets would surely be the result.  Fortunately the French arrived in Mexico City shortly afterwards: Mission Accomplished.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."