And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Liep

Snickers bar with almonds instead of peanuts. It's really good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Damn, my evening lentils came out fabulously, if I say so myself.  :)

Boiled them quickly in water for 2 minutes.  In a pan I set bacon, onions, garlic, celery, bay leaf, black pepper, paprika, chili sauce, and apple cider vinegar to simmer.  Then I added the lentils along with some chicken stock and a little hot water from the pot, and let the liquid mostly evaporate.  SUCH FLAVORFUL
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

I've been gorging shamefully on Passover candy the last few days. :Embarrass: :Joos

Chocolate-covered marshmallow twists, chocolate-covered macaroons, chocolate-covered matzoh. :mmm:  And most especially those marshmallow rectangles covered, not in chocolate, but in toasted coconut flakes -- they're only 20 calories each, I swear!  :blush:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

I ate a third of a bag of Reese minatures in the parking lot of a Dollar General.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I've done the same thing before (though it may have been with those miniature Hershey Bars w/ Almonds). :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Caprese salad with prosciutto and apple wine. :cool:

Eddie Teach

"Flame kissed" chicken from Winn-Dixie. It was tasty.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Smithfield ham for Easter. Classic.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 20, 2014, 08:09:47 PM
Smithfield ham for Easter. Classic.

The ham has been split three ways between the family visitors (freeloaders), but I kept the core and the bones. I always do this, Thanksgiving turkey, etc. They've been on the simmer for about 20 hours and now I have 2 gallons of stock. I filled all the mason jars I had available (6) and most of a huge pot which I will use for potato soup in a couple days.

30 bucks, 20 pound ham, who knows how many meals it will end up contributing to. Who knows how much money I've saved since I learned to do this.

I just love it. Take bones, cover with water, put on lowest heat available, go play video games for seventeen hours. And the house smells great too.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Breakfast: coffee, grapes, pineapple, and a slice of manchego. :cool: