News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Oh God, I ate so much I'm going into shock.

Fried chicken, two helpings of stuffing, mashed potatoes, sausage, cheese, pumpkin soup and pumpkin pie...washed down by rum and coke.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

I made it out without going back for seconds. Turkey, brussels sprouts, stuffing, mashed taters, corn, green bean casserole, a roll, a piece of pecan pie (because pumpkin equals hurl), one cup of coffee (with the pie), and about 592 glasses of a nice, strong, peppery Zinfandel. After all the eating, my essentially-brother-in-law and I watched football and played cribbage. I have to work today though :(
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

I am about to eat two foreign desserts.  One is some sort of cookie called a jumble that apparently comes from St. Croix; Princesca brought it home from a holiday party... a chick who she works with used to live there.  The other one is a Canadian thing called a butter tart that her friend's mother who lives in Vancouver mailed to us.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Razgovory

The number 1 killer of Hungarians.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2013, 08:27:35 PM
I am about to eat two foreign desserts.  One is some sort of cookie called a jumble that apparently comes from St. Croix; Princesca brought it home from a holiday party... a chick who she works with used to live there.  The other one is a Canadian thing called a butter tart that her friend's mother who lives in Vancouver mailed to us.

Butter tarts are faboo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

It's delicious but... I was told to wait an hour to eat the jumble in order to avoid going into sugar shock.  It had raisins in it... weird but good.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2013, 08:27:35 PM
Jubilee Jumbles?

The cherry ones
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

I'm back in the D for the Holidays.  CB and I went to a Fresh-Off-the-Boat Yemeni restaurant.  I had never been to a Yemeni restaurant before; there food is similar to Arab, but uses spices more common to India.  They even serve a sort of chutney with their meals.  I had the lamb stew (Mandeh) and CB had a chicken sandwich (Gaballah) both were delicious.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

I had a clementine for breakfast; it sort of tasted like the bitter orange Cubans use in their cooking.  I really should know better than to buy citrus here in Michigan.  In Florida I've found that Michigan staples like apples and cherries have little flavor, but cheap-o supermarket oranges are better than what you can find at gourmet shops in Michigan.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

I popped a couple of tarts.

Liep

Julebolle. Mmmmm, one of the many good things about Christmas.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on December 21, 2013, 06:28:52 PM
I'm back in the D for the Holidays.  CB and I went to a Fresh-Off-the-Boat Yemeni restaurant.  I had never been to a Yemeni restaurant before; there food is similar to Arab, but uses spices more common to India.  They even serve a sort of chutney with their meals.  I had the lamb stew (Mandeh) and CB had a chicken sandwich (Gaballah) both were delicious.
Is it similar to Ethiopian food?  To me Ethiopian tastes like a cross between Middle Eastern and Indian.

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2013, 08:59:09 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on December 21, 2013, 06:28:52 PM
Is it similar to Ethiopian food?  To me Ethiopian tastes like a cross between Middle Eastern and Indian.

In terms of spice it was similar; but they use more saffron.  They don't have as many bean dishes, rice is more the staple, and their bread is the Middle Eastern pita style bread. 

The Ethiopian food I've had has come from westernized restaurants; while everyone at the cafe we were at yesterday was a recent immigrant so it's hard for me to make an informed comparison.

Ed Anger

I want some Beef Stroganoff.  :mad: