News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Breakfast Scramble. Only time I'll tolerate cheese for breakfast.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2013, 07:01:24 AM
Bacon, eggs, homefries with onions, cantaloupe, and cafe con leche. :cool:

Mighty fancy gas station you visitin' there, son.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Icecream, still the weather for it here.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2013, 09:23:12 AM
Mighty fancy gas station you visitin' there, son.
I made it all myself. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

What's the difference between cafe con leche and coffee with milk?

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2013, 02:56:21 PM
What's the difference between cafe con leche and coffee with milk?
Here's how I make cafe con leche, which tastes just like what you can get in Miami:

1.  Fill coffee cup 1/4 full with cold milk.

2.  Add a punch of salt to the milk.

3.  Pour milk into steel frothing pitcher.

4.  Add white sugar to frothing pitcher.  I usually use about two tsp. of sugar.

5.  Steam milk with steaming wand on espresso machine.

6.  Pour steamed milk back into coffee cup.

7.  Fill single shot filter on espresso handle with Cafe Bustelo ground coffee.

8.  Pull shot of espresso into coffee cup, stirring constantly with a teaspoon.

It looks like a lot of steps but it only takes a few minutes to make.

Liep

What you don't grind your own coffee?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on September 28, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
What you don't grind your own coffee?
Not yet, but I'll probably start doing that soon.

Ed Anger

Insert K-cup

Let magic machine do the work

Profit!

katmai

Fish tacos with homemade pico de gallo
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on September 23, 2013, 10:49:01 AM
My mother in law likes to cook me dinner for my birthday.  I always ask her to make something from a different ethnic cuisine each year because I like to broaden peoples' horizons. :cool:

This year, I picked Dutch in honor of my Dutch ancestors.  She will be making this thing where you boil a bunch of taters and then sort of mash them up with butter.  In a separate pot you cook down greens (kale or endive) and steam sausage over top of them, and in a skillet you cook up small pieces of bacon and onion.  At the end you mix it all together and serve the sausage on top.  I forget what it's called off the top of my head but it means "mash pot" in Dutch I think.

I also had her make me an apple pie for dessert but it's a little different than an 'American' apple pie in that you mix in cream of wheat/semolina and shredded bread and use a bunch more spices than usual (including cardamom and black pepper), and raisins soaked in rum or brandy.
Just got back from dinner.  DELICIOUS. :mmm:

She refused to put the black pepper in the pie though. :mad:

Ideologue

Chocolate protein powder.  I couldn't find chocolate and peanut butter.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

The breakfast of Champions, Toaster Strudel.

PDH

Elk steak.  I don't hunt, but I know people who do.  10 month old steak that has been in the deep freeze since last November is still damned good.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on September 14, 2013, 02:58:45 PM
Princesca had to get a CPAP machine this morning and I tagged along.  The respiratory dude screwed up the appointment time and was an hour late, so we missed karate and decided to tour the Four Roses distillery instead, which was just a few miles away.  After that, we went to this place called Wallace Station Deli for lunch.  It was featured on that food show with Guy Fieri one time.  Princesca got the burger that he had there and said it was "one of the five best burgers anywhere" and thought it was good, but said Five Guys is better. :lol:  She thought their fries were the best she's ever had though... tossed in truffle oil and topped with shredded white cheddar with a garlic aioli for dipping.  I don't know if I would go that far, but they were definitely good.
You guys do karate?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point