News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Breakfast was home fries, bacon, and cinnamon raisin french toast with a hard sauce made from Jim Beam Maple Bourbon and butter. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I can regally dine on them from my throne of skulls.

Scipio

Homemade redneck ramen take two.

Pork dashi with sauteed mushrooms, fresh basil, sembel oelek, fish sauce, cherry tomatoes, noodles, poached egg, and cilantro.

Now I need a nap.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Since I had to feed 5 ravenous children, I went with the easiest route(without ordering out):

Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

I'm awesome. Plus it was good.

Caliga

Princesca had to get a CPAP machine this morning and I tagged along.  The respiratory dude screwed up the appointment time and was an hour late, so we missed karate and decided to tour the Four Roses distillery instead, which was just a few miles away.  After that, we went to this place called Wallace Station Deli for lunch.  It was featured on that food show with Guy Fieri one time.  Princesca got the burger that he had there and said it was "one of the five best burgers anywhere" and thought it was good, but said Five Guys is better. :lol:  She thought their fries were the best she's ever had though... tossed in truffle oil and topped with shredded white cheddar with a garlic aioli for dipping.  I don't know if I would go that far, but they were definitely good.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Steak and a baked potato tonight.

Barrister

A very brief history lesson... Alberta politics are weird.  Always have been.  One of the many strange things about this province is that despite having a well-earned reputation for being right-wing, we actually have a government-owned bank.  It used to be Alberta Treasury Branch, now called ATB Financial.  It was set up by the Social Credit government back in the 1930s, and is still going strong.  It operates exclusively in Alberta, and as such escapes any federal regulation.

So anyways, the food truck I go up to has a bunch of ATB Financial flags around it.  I get in line, and a lady approaches me and says that it's ATB's 75th anniversary.  To celebrate, they were sponsoring a special Avocado, Bacon and Tomato burger at this food truck (ATB burger, get it :rolleyes).  It was for $5 instead of the regular $10 they'd charge (and indeed everything else on the menu was ~$10).

So, because Bible Bill Aberhart wanted to stick it to the big banks back in the depression, I got a half-price burger, plus a lunchkit and some jelly beans today.  Strangest promotion ever.

The burger itself was very good.  The avocado (well, guacamole) was surprisingly tasty on a burger.

But this is probably my last day for eating lunch outside from a food truck. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Had for lunch a Chicken BBQ pizza with extra salami, bacon, jalapenos, red onions, feta and tabasco. With Cheesy crust.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Soy stuff spaghetti.  Pretty delicious.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Zigeuner Schnitzel

PS: before somebody asks, it was NOT stolen.

Eddie Teach

Golden Corral's buffet. Had steak, lasagna, ham, taco, more steak... Too much food.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?