And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2013, 12:20:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2013, 12:18:22 AM
I've had two tomato plants growing on my deck.  They made a whole whack of really ugly, split tomatoes.  I did the only thing I could - made tomato sauce.

What about salsa?

You're right.  I could have made home-made salsa as well.

Happy? <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

No, because you didn't make it. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I nearly set fire to the neighborhood this evening.

I was doing some tri tip and corn on the cob in the grill. I finished the corn and took it off, brought it in the house. In the amount of time it took to get the corn inside and get back out there my tri tip had basically exploded in flames. I mean my charcoal disintegrated, my grill brush caught fire and I couldn't put it out without turning on the hose. I sprayed down the trees behind the grill just to be safe. The air here is already full of smoke from the fires over the hill, tbh. My contribution might have been noticed otherwise.

Beef tallow can apparently create a massive amount of heat in very little time. The flames were about five feet high. I was able to salvage it but I'm very good at this and even I can get caught out by random acts of immolation.

Edit: This was the first time in a while I used the normal grill instead of the Akorn, which is much easier to control. I may be getting spoiled. At least all the spiders are certainly dead.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2013, 06:27:39 PM
I had Wawa hoagie for lunch! Only good part about being forced to visit southern Jersey today.

Dude, should have said you were in the neighborhood.  Whereabouts?  Princeton?

Anyway, pita chips and hummus.
Experience bij!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 18, 2013, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2013, 06:27:39 PM
I had Wawa hoagie for lunch! Only good part about being forced to visit southern Jersey today.

Dude, should have said you were in the neighborhood.  Whereabouts?  Princeton?

Anyway, pita chips and hummus.

Yeah Princeton. I came down for a meeting and then left immediately afterwards for a meeting in New York. Tiring day. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I don't think of Princeton as being in South Jersey. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I use Wawas as demarcation line.

Caliga

We went to a nice place tonight for our anniversary.

I had five courses prix fixe : first was a jumbo scallop in a grapefruit beurre blanc, second was a rocket, pickled onion, and goat cheese salad, third was a filet of coho salmon over asparagus and a pancetta risotto, fourth was a 4 oz filet mignon, fingerling potatoes, and roast broccoli with a caramelized foie gras sauce, and fifth was some kind of chocolate tart with mixed berries and a scoop of banana ice cream.  Had a glass of malbec to drink with dinner and coffee for dessert.  Really good meal.

Princesca ordered a la carte and her main course was roasted quail with morels, which she did NOT like. :(  Neither one of us had ever had morels before and she gave me one to taste.  It was... odd.  I don't really know how to describe the flavor other than it was oddly sweet, which I'm not sure if that was natural to the morel or had something to do with how it was prepared. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Went to Waffle House for the first time ever today.

It was pretty good.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2013, 08:12:57 PM
We went to a nice place tonight for our anniversary.

I had five courses prix fixe : first was a jumbo scallop in a grapefruit beurre blanc, second was a rocket, pickled onion, and goat cheese salad, third was a filet of coho salmon over asparagus and a pancetta risotto, fourth was a 4 oz filet mignon, fingerling potatoes, and roast broccoli with a caramelized foie gras sauce, and fifth was some kind of chocolate tart with mixed berries and a scoop of banana ice cream.  Had a glass of malbec to drink with dinner and coffee for dessert.  Really good meal.

Princesca ordered a la carte and her main course was roasted quail with morels, which she did NOT like. :(  Neither one of us had ever had morels before and she gave me one to taste.  It was... odd.  I don't really know how to describe the flavor other than it was oddly sweet, which I'm not sure if that was natural to the morel or had something to do with how it was prepared. :hmm:

Aw fuck.  Just remembered it's our anniversary tomorrow.  NO CLUE what to do for her.

Ed Anger

Just remembered? YOU ARE FUCKED

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive