News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Chick-fil-A's strips and nuggets taste way better than any of the burger joints.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 11, 2013, 09:42:24 AM
Bluh.  Overpriced for what you get, sucker'd run $5 at a bunch of restaurants around me, it's almost $8 at Chik-Fil-A.  OUR FRIES ARE CUT LIKE WAFFLES.
The chicken sandwiches are delicious and no other fast food chicken sandwich even comes close. :sleep:

Also, every Chick-Fil-A I've ever been to has great service--very fast and friendly, and the restaurants are always spotless.  If they were just open on Sundays, it would be the perfect fast food place. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: citizen k on August 13, 2013, 06:27:44 PM
Just saw this and thought of Caliga, although these are probably too upscale for him.  ;)

http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandforums/blogs/badaily/2013/07/best-gas-station-restaurants.html

I have eaten in gas stations everyday this week for lunch...  :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I had Wawa hoagie for lunch! Only good part about being forced to visit southern Jersey today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

A banana, an apple, a glass of milk and packet of Toast Chee crackers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2013, 06:27:39 PM
being forced to visit southern Jersey today.
:huh: Why were you forced to do that?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Princesca and I tried a Nigerian restaurant today.  It was AWESOME. :mmm:

We got moin-moin for an appetizer, which are these little bean curd cake things topped with a spicy tomato sauce.

For entrees Princesca got chicken peanut stew, the stew being a very peanutty curry, basically.  It came with fufu, which is this stuff kind of like grits.

I got Peri-Peri chicken, which was a blackened breast of chicken marinated in some sort of extremely hot spice, with a side of jollof rice (basically rice in a spicy tomato paste) and a side of kuchambari, which was like a sort of cole slaw in some purple lemony sauce.

The Brain

Did they have $20 million they needed help with?

You can also imagine a gas station joke.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2013, 06:01:17 PM
Did they have $20 million they needed help with?

You can also imagine a gas station joke.
:sleep:

They had a review hanging up in their restaurant that actually made a Nigerian scam joke.

Barrister

I've had two tomato plants growing on my deck.  They made a whole whack of really ugly, split tomatoes.  I did the only thing I could - made tomato sauce.

I've never made home-made tomato sauce before.  It's definitely a PITA to do - having to skin and seed the tomatoes.  However the end result was pretty good - and nothing like a jar tomato sauce.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2013, 12:18:22 AM
I've had two tomato plants growing on my deck.  They made a whole whack of really ugly, split tomatoes.  I did the only thing I could - made tomato sauce.

What about salsa?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.