News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

:)

Bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran.  If I eat two my stomach hurts but it's so good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

White Castle "burgers".  :x

My mom having grown up in St Louis thinks they are good and makes sure we go everytime we are here.  They seem offended if I say I don't want it so I end up taking one for the team every 4 years or so.

Ed Anger

Your colon doesn't thank you
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Fried rice, Udon with what feels akin to rice krispies inside, Miso soup, tea (of course!) and a bit of ginger. All for only 500 yen!

Once you bid farewell to meat, this is a very inexpensive country to eat in.

Edit: And I just read the slanderous aspersions cast toward green tea and its associated ice cream flavors in this thread! Goodness  :o
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Savonarola

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 04, 2013, 08:00:42 AM
Edit: And I just read the slanderous aspersions cast toward green tea and its associated ice cream flavors in this thread! Goodness  :o

If you get a chance try the matcha powder and whisk thing they do in Japan.  Matcha powder is expensive, but it's the best tea I've had.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadImmortalMan

Hey I love green tea. Just not in ice cream format.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Lettow77

I know all about matcha! Enthusiastic fan. I'm not terribly good at it, but having proper maidens do it is delightful. Pursuing tea ceremony is one of my aspirations in life :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

One of those new Bertoli Chicken Florentine Alfredo meals. Not bad for a frozen dinner.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2013, 06:56:13 PM
One of those new Bertoli Chicken Florentine Alfredo meals. Not bad for a frozen dinner.

Just make sure you cook it no more than medium rare.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2013, 06:56:13 PM

Just make sure you cook it no more than medium rare.

Wut

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 10, 2013, 07:27:19 PM
Chick-Fil-A.  :cool:

I've noticed a decline in quality at 2 of the dayton area ones. chick-fil-a is off my menu for now.

garbon

I had sushi with miso soup and age tofu. Unfortunately I messed up my order and instead of a shrimp tempura roll, I got shrimp with avocado. White tuna was good though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

White tuna.  What a fucking scam. :rolleyes:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.