News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2013, 12:51:40 PM
btw the chicken sliders at White Castle are actually pretty good.  Tried them for the first time today.

And we wonder why memes stick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

You're essentially recommending garba...gas station food.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Did you have to travel far?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Tommy has been bugging me to take him to White Castle.  I'm getting half-tempted to take him just to show him why I keep saying no.

That said, I kinda liked White Castle as a kid.  We didn't have one nearby, so it was kind of a novelty when we visited a town that had one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I had White Castle once.  I thought the worst was over when I somehow managed to finish it, but soon it was obvious that it was about to get a lot worse.  And it did.  :( :x :pinch:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

I'm grilling for lunch at work tomorrow.

Tri-tip
salad
focaccia bread
grilled peaches with ice cream
assorted spicy pickles from my stash of pickling experiments at home

I shouldn't need to add any potatoes or anything right? No need for overkill.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

oeufs en cocotte. With baguette.

Yes, I ate at 4pm. I'm old. Get over it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Last night I had lamb tikka masala for dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant.

So fucking good.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Quote from: fhdz on July 13, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

So fucking good.
:mmm:

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2013, 04:53:08 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 13, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

So fucking good.
:mmm:

We had the works, too. Veggie and meat samosas, naan bread, hummus, etc etc etc.

Caliga

There's a new Indian place right by my office that has great lamb korma.  But I'm dying to go back because they have a whole section of the menu devoted to Indian Chinese cuisine, which I've never had but intrigues me.

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2013, 05:06:21 PM
There's a new Indian place right by my office that has great lamb korma.  But I'm dying to go back because they have a whole section of the menu devoted to Indian Chinese cuisine, which I've never had but intrigues me.

This is the place; without question my favorite Indian food in Portland. The owner loves me, too. :D

http://www.bombaycricketclubrestaurant.com/