And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on June 30, 2013, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 30, 2013, 09:20:36 PM
I went full Guller on a pint of Jersey-fresh blueberries a minute ago.

:D

As long as it's not apricots you should be OK.

Best smiley...EVER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Ed, are you sure you aren't German?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I have German blood in me. Old German blood. Not the newfangled pussy German blood.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Buttermilk Koldskål

The local bakery won the Danish Championship in Koldskål and now sells it from the store at an insane price.

But it is goddamn delicious.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

For dinner we had bread (homemade by me), cheese, fruit (apples and pears), salami, prosciutto, and wine. :cool:

We do this dinner on occasion and always try to pick a couple of different cheeses, including ones we've never had before if possible.  Today's cheeses:

Saint-Andre - triple cream Brie-like cheese from Coutances, Normandy.  It was a little too rich for my liking, but went well smeared on pear and apple slices.

Époisses de Bourgogne - one of the worst-smelling cheeses I've ever had, but had a pretty good taste.  Overwhelmed most everything I put it on, but was too pungent to be eaten alone, so I ended up eating it with bread.

Mahón - from the city of the same name on Minorca.  I LOVED this cheese, easily my favorite of the three.  The only one I really liked eating all on its own.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Hummus, pita, and summer sausage.  My breath is a festival.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2013, 01:24:50 AM

Ha, summer sausage, cheese, and saltines here.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Pedrito

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2013, 01:24:50 AM
You should add some tzatziki sauce to make it even better! (your breath, I mean)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2013, 06:31:12 PM
Époisses de Bourgogne - one of the worst-smelling cheeses I've ever had, but had a pretty good taste.  Overwhelmed most everything I put it on, but was too pungent to be eaten alone, so I ended up eating it with bread.
I can still smell this cheese on my fingers today. :lol:
...and yes, I took a shower this morning  :P

derspiess

Just had a lame chicken & potatoes microwave meal for lunch.  Which is fine, as it should make me appreciate tonight's dinner of Moules-Frites that much more.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 12:50:16 PM
  Which is fine, as it should make me appreciate tonight's dinner of Moules-Frites that much more.
I have no idea what that is, but I'm looking forward to dinner tonight too.  Texas chili.  :licklips:

Caliga

btw the chicken sliders at White Castle are actually pretty good.  Tried them for the first time today.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2013, 12:51:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2013, 12:50:16 PM
  Which is fine, as it should make me appreciate tonight's dinner of Moules-Frites that much more.
I have no idea what that is, but I'm looking forward to dinner tonight too.  Texas chili.  :licklips:

Mussels & fries, Belgian-style.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Had mussels & fries as my appetizer at a Belgian restaurant downtown.  For my meal, I had: chicken & waffle!  The place is in Over the Rhine, so it was appropriate.

fhdz

I made some badass street (style) tacos for dinner. The kids told me I should charge for them. Now the girls are baking chocolate chip cookies.
and the horse you rode in on