News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Recipe:

Slice&dice two small to medium bratwursts in 1/5 inch (half centimeter) bits.

Fry the bits in a little oil till desired degree of brown-ness is reached.

Prepare scrambled eggs mix: three eggs, salt pepper and herbs to taste, a handful grated cheese - whisk.

Pour egg mixture over bratwurts bits and fry/still till you're happy with the result.

Optional: some chopped onion, to fry with the bratwurst bits.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

Black cherries. I've taken to buying a good proportion of my weekly food from the local market.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on June 11, 2013, 06:00:41 AM
Black cherries. I've taken to buying a good proportion of my weekly food from the local market.

:thumbsup:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

Quote from: Brazen on June 11, 2013, 06:00:41 AM

Cherries are a mixed blessing for me; they're delicious, but I always end up eating too many and then regretting the number they do on my intestines...
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Some sort of Rasberry cookie I don't  know the name of.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Homemade, from scratch pizza.

Ossum.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Capetan Mihali

With a couple of guests over (not mine), I was munching greedily out of a plastic container those little sesame sticks you get in bar mixes.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

Carne asada tacos. Yes, grilled. I'm averaging about 2x a week on the grill recently.

Skip--I also do my scratch pizzas on the grill. I put a paving stone in there and crank the coals up to about half the smelting temp of copper. Pizza comes out perfect on just a couple minutes. :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Olive bread with prosciutto and a thins slice of parmesan.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Had a pot roast with potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, bread, and a Merlot I bought at the Biltmore. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I had a bison steak for dinner.  It was good but I think I like regular steak better.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
I had a bison steak for dinner.  It was good but I think I like regular steak better.

Bison is too lean to make for a really great steak.  You have to have some sort of sauce to make it really good.

On the other hand, I've had a a mean elk steak once or twice...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Yeah, I just had it plain, medium rare, with roasted brussels sprouts (which were awesome).

Jaron

I got home from work...was tired, but put dinner in the oven and then fell asleep. :P

I woke up about an hour later. Dinner wasn't BURNED but it had been severely dried out. The skin was tough but at least the chicken was still juicy and moist inside of that shell. :lol:
Winner of THE grumbler point.