News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on May 04, 2013, 05:36:40 AM
Spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino (garlic, oil and dried peppers)  :mmm: :mmm:

L.

So simple and so goddamn delicious.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Wife had a early Mothers Day day off, and wasn't real hungry when supper came around.

So in fending for myself (mind you, I do a lot of the cooking around here) I looked through the fridge and found a can of Klik (Canadian version of spam).  So I had a fried Klik sandwich.  Damn god. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Can you get Spam in Canada, or did they put a national heritage exception in NAFTA for Klik?

katmai

Picked up some Chipotle Chicken lunch meat and some Chipotle Gouda cheese at store, came home and made Grilled Cheese and Chicken sandwiches.
Tempered the spiciness of the Chipotle products by dipping them in Tomato soup.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Some strawberries as I prep Mother's Day Breakfast! :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2013, 02:14:54 AM
Can you get Spam in Canada, or did they put a national heritage exception in NAFTA for Klik?

Yeah, you can get spam here.  It's just that I remember having Klik as a kid (served by my dad, naturally), so when I have that once a decade hankering for canned meat I go with Klik.

MadImmortalMan

On the grill:

Chicken thighs and breasts, brats and some jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, bacon and pastrami.

The same pastrami I made a couple weeks ago, actually.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

NY strip, medium, done on the cast-iron. Baked potato and green beans cooked in the steak juices after they came off with some diced bacon and chives.

When cooking the steak I've discovered I don't need any butter or anything. I just sear it on the fatty edge by standing it on end first. That gets me enough cooking medium to do the whole thing. Steak + pan. Nothing else.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2013, 10:01:01 PM
NY strip, medium, done on the cast-iron. Baked potato and green beans cooked in the steak juices after they came off with some diced bacon and chives.

When cooking the steak I've discovered I don't need any butter or anything. I just sear it on the fatty edge by standing it on end first. That gets me enough cooking medium to do the whole thing. Steak + pan. Nothing else.
I find that rubbing a little olive oil on the steak itself after dry-rubbing it to be more than enough, and it seems to make the pan frying more consistent.

fhdz

I just had chicken parmesan.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Two fried eggs, three slices of whole grain toast with peanut butter, and a banana. Washed down with fruit juice and coffee.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Had dinner at Gasthaus tonight, a German restaurant in town that I CANNOT BELIEVE I'd never eaten at before, as it was absolutely terrific. :blush:

I had Jagerschnitzel with spatzle and carrots, a glass of Franziskaner Weissbier, and coffee and weichselstrudel for dessert.

Not only was the food awesome, but pretty much every waitress in the joint was hot, they wore dirndls, and most of them were actual Germans. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

I cleaned out my BBQ.  OMG was it bad.

But the chicken wings I BBQd afterwards were oh so good. :mmm: