News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Fluffy scrambled eggs.  I agree about the eggs.  Lower your heat Before.

Disagree about the Spam.  Don't knock fried Spam until you've tried it Gups.

garbon

Oh gotcha, wasn't the scrambled eggs but how he cooked them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Have to admit I haven't had spam for more than 20 years and can't remember what it tasted like. It's so unfashionable here, I'm surprised it hasn't come back into fashion.

Scrambled eggs should be cooked until they are just set - i.e. over a very low heat, stirring constantly. If you want them solid you should just have an omlette.

11B4V

Yea the eggs are more omelet style cooked than scrambled.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Home-made peanut butter sandwich.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2013, 12:43:43 PM

First time I tried Spam was on a camping trip when my dad fried some up for dinner.  We bugged the crap out of my mom until she started fixing it for us at home.  Haven't had it in ages.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

I'm soaking some chicken parts in a mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce so I can fry them tomorrow.

Any of you southerners have an opinion on the proper way? I figure I'm going to use my wok. The cast iron skillet would work but I think I can control the wok easier. I have a Le Creuset too if that would be better. What mixture should I use for the flour coating? I'm thinking I'll put salt, pepper, maybe some paprika and cayenne. They say the crust is better if you use some baking powder with it. Maybe I'll do a test. Egg or no egg? I think no since I have the buttermilk but hey.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

In the meantime, I was cleaning my grill, so I put two ribeyes on there for tonight. Just for me--wife's out of town.  :P

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2013, 03:18:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2013, 12:43:43 PM

First time I tried Spam was on a camping trip when my dad fried some up for dinner.  We bugged the crap out of my mom until she started fixing it for us at home.  Haven't had it in ages.

My dad loves it, is a favorite of his from being a kid, so when ever he is here in town end up making it for him.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

I have a beef brisket covered in a salt mixture to cure in the fridge. It will take three or four days. Once it's cured, I'll take it out, rinse it clean, dry it, rub it with garlic and cover it with a combination of coriander and peppercorns. Then I'll slow smoke it for eight or ten hours, probably Sunday. Homemade pastrami.

CountDeMoney

Made me a potato with broccoli and cheese.  It's like a little meal IED.

Ideologue

Generic brown sugar and cinnamon Pop-Tarts.  Like a king of old.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on April 10, 2013, 09:08:30 PM
Generic brown sugar and cinnamon Pop-Tarts.  Like a king of old.

:mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Toaster Studel is superior though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Change your name to Ed Romney.  Ass.