News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Fresh baked pão de queijo.  It's good to go to parties with Brazilians for a lot of reasons.

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

What does it taste like? Is it sweet or savory?

Capetan Mihali

Savory; a mild cheese in a cassava (manioc) flour roll.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 12, 2012, 03:11:34 AM
Savory; a mild cheese in a cassava (manioc) flour roll.

I've had those.  They're nice.  It's good to have your brother marry a Brazilian girl I guess.

But anyways, you have to love this time of year if you're a foodie.  Last night was one of the simplest, yet tastiest, suppers.  Fresh sausages from the store, grilled.  Corn on the cob, grilled inside the husks, then served with butter and salt.  Fresh baby potatoes, boiled, and again served with butter, salt and parsley. :mmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

For lunch, 2 slices of pizza from a Speedway gas station. I WAS IN THE BOONIES.

Roller food?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Chicken, stuffing and lima beans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2012, 10:16:22 AM
But anyways, you have to love this time of year if you're a foodie.  Last night was one of the simplest, yet tastiest, suppers.  Fresh sausages from the store, grilled.  Corn on the cob, grilled inside the husks, then served with butter and salt.  Fresh baby potatoes, boiled, and again served with butter, salt and parsley. :mmm:
Similar to what I had except the sausages were on buns with spicy mustard and homemade sauerkraut, and no corn (but did have potatoes pretty much exactly like yours). :cool:

Today I had felafel and green beans for dinner.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Went to a local butcher.  Never been there before.  It was AWESOME.

We had bone-in elk rib-eye steaks.  Fan-fucking-tastic.

Eddie Teach

peanut butter & banana sandwich  :elvis:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I ate about a pound or so of raw cashews last night after dinner.  I cannot recommend this course of action to others. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Had some nice baby back pork ribs last night.  In lieu of doing them right in a smoker - which I do not have - I put them on the BBQl on the lowest heat possible and cooked them for a couple hours.

Simply delicious.

But I was thinking something like what Cal has would look good near the back of my property.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2012, 01:04:32 PM
Had some nice baby back pork ribs last night.  In lieu of doing them right in a smoker - which I do not have - I put them on the BBQl on the lowest heat possible and cooked them for a couple hours.

Simply delicious.

But I was thinking something like what Cal has would look good near the back of my property.

You can get some wonderful ribs doing that.  Put them on low, indirect heat.  Get an grilltop thermometer - you're aiming for 250F.  After about 4 hours put them on direct heat, add some barbecue sauce, cook for another 5-10 minutes (you're just heating up the sauce / adding grill marks at this point) and you're golden.

Throw in a package of woodchips for added fun.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2012, 11:41:53 PM

One of the advantages of living in a city :)

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2012, 01:23:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2012, 11:41:53 PM

One of the advantages of living in a city :)

Actually I went there because I've hunted high and low looking for ground bison.  The same ground bison I used to get at my neighborhood grocery store in Whitehorse. :P

So wild meat is probably not the best example to give.  But yeah, there are absolutely some advantages to a semi-foodie like myself to living in the city.  I make regular trips to the local Italian grocery store for all sorts of things I wouldn't be able to find up north.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2012, 01:33:30 PMActually I went there because I've hunted high and low looking for ground bison.  The same ground bison I used to get at my neighborhood grocery store in Whitehorse. :P

Sounds like a business opportunity.