News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Chicken. Now I gotta fast for at least 5 days.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

We have an MRE stockpile here. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ideologue

Nothin'.  Gotta lose a couple pounds.  Non-non-heinous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

:mmm:

Basque Beans
(Ezkualdun Itarrak)    
What You Need:
1 ½ pounds dried pink beans or dried light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups water
2 cups Beef Stock or use canned
¾ pound boneless pork cut in small pieces
¾ pound ham steak, with bone
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 bay leaf
½ pound Spanish Chorizo Sausage or Mexican chorizo cut in ¾-inch pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

How To Cook:
1. In an 8-quart heavy pot, put the beans and at least twice as much water. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let sit for 1 hour.

2. Drain the beans and return them to the pot. Add remaining ingredients except the chorizo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.

3. Add the chorizo and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Beans should be very tender and the liquid will tend to thicken up a bit.

4. Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Today I plan to eat a premium pizza from Dominos with Bacon, Sausage, Tomato and Onion with some kind of sauce (mustard?) baked into the crust. Delicious, and 3177 calories if my calculations and attempts to read the menu are correct.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2012, 01:25:19 AM
Today I plan to eat a premium pizza from Dominos with Bacon, Sausage, Tomato and Onion with some kind of sauce (mustard?) baked into the crust. Delicious, and 3177 calories if my calculations and attempts to read the menu are correct.

Eat it all within an hour or it doesn't count.

Though by that reckoning it's been years since I've eaten a whole pizza that was bigger than those homemade Totino's pizzas that cost a buck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Just had a Subway 12" buffalo chicken sub, lovingly prepared by downtown Cincy's finest sandwich artists.  The Quiznos buffalo chicken sub used to outclass Subway's until they started using that nasty gristly dark meat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I had one of those pepper steaks. Whatsitcalled, steak au poivre.

I'm still uncomfortable with rare steaks.

HVC

Where we have failed France will succeed in getting you to eat a proper steak :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 03:36:34 PM

That's funny... I just got back from Morton's (where I had my usual medium rare filet, which was delicious as always) and I made a comment to Princesca about how I wished that they had steak au poivre there since I'd not had it for a while.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2012, 06:44:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 03:36:34 PM

That's funny... I just got back from Morton's (where I had my usual medium rare filet, which was delicious as always) and I made a comment to Princesca about how I wished that they had steak au poivre there since I'd not had it for a while.

My wife copied the recipie off that good eats show, and the results are decent. She just doesn't fix it much and falls into a boring food pattern.  :(

PDH

I just had a nice tuna steak, seared then pan-cooked in a Hawaiian (soy and honey mix) sauce.  Results: delicious.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM