News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I made Tacos. Using the Ortega taco kit. Scratchmade shells? FUCK THAT SHIT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 30, 2012, 02:08:01 AM
Philly cheese steak hot pocket.

If you like that, you need to go to Philly and try a cheesesteak egg roll sometime.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2012, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 29, 2012, 10:19:21 PM
I ate a shrimp and vegetable plate for dinner. :P
ORLY?  Who's the vegetarian now? *points to his pigeon peas and rice*  :cool:

Sea cockroaches don't count, and you know it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2012, 05:33:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2012, 05:06:52 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 29, 2012, 10:19:21 PM
I ate a shrimp and vegetable plate for dinner. :P
ORLY?  Who's the vegetarian now? *points to his pigeon peas and rice*  :cool:
For vegetarians who want meat without the murder, may I recommend in-vitro meat. A rather splendid article, I think you'll agree.

Awesome.  I highly support it.  Although the article suggests the process might be used to feed the enemy's population and help them hold on to power, which is worrisome.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 17, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 30, 2012, 02:08:01 AM
Philly cheese steak hot pocket.

If you like that, you need to go to Philly and try a cheesesteak egg roll sometime.

It was alright. Not road-trip worthy though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I've never had one of those. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

HUDDLE HOUSE IN BARDSTOWN, KENTUCKY AAR

On Sunday Princesca and I had to go to Bardstown, KY to attend a visitation for her uncle's mother.  We got there very early and noticed there was a Huddle House nearby.  I've never been to Huddle House but always wanted to try it so we stopped in for some chow.

The place is bascially a carbon-copy of Waffle House, but has a much larger non-breakfast menu.  I got a pulled pork sammich with fries and Princesca got breakfast.  She said the breakfast at Waffle House is better, but my lunch was better than your typical Waffle House lunch (they don't have stuff like pulled pork at Waffle House).

Overall I liked it, but I still think the best Southern-based fast food place is Chik-Fil-A.  BY FAR.  I can't wait for the old man to croak, since I imagine his greedy little kids will start opening the restaurants on Sundays. :)

mongers

I had my perhaps favourite snack, sardines on toast. :wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Beware of the Huddle House in Harlan.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2012, 07:30:19 PM
Beware of the Huddle House in Harlan.
I've not been to Harlan... yet.  But I'll probably go eventually because I've always wanted to visit the Third World. :)

Caliga

WENDY'S IN SHELBYVILLE, KENTUCKY AAR

Today I had to swing by Lowe's to pick up a bunch of shit for the yard and we ate lunch at a Wendy's next to it.  If you haven't been to a Wendy's in a while, the chain has made some drastic improvements.  I usually get chicken sandwiches there but today I tried the Baconator, which is extremely delicious.  Two beef patties, a layer of bacon, a slice of cheese, and topped off with mayo, ketchup, and mustard.  Their fries are now like boardwalk fries with the big grains of salt.  However, the highlight of the experience was this: I was still kinda hungry at the end of my meal and thought about getting up and getting a frosty, but there were too many people in line, so I said screw it and was getting ready to leave.  Just then, a pleasantly plump negroid employee came by my table with a small vanilla frosty AND OFFERED IT TO ME FOR FREE.  What.  The.  Fuck.  So not only is their food now kickass, but they've perfected the art of mind reading. :blink:  :punk:

Tonitrus

Vanilla frosty?

There is only one -true- frosty flavor.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

I had a milkshake with peanut butter cup ice cream. It was good, but not as good as the toffee crunch milkshake I had last week. I'm loving the new 15 dollar blender.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 20, 2012, 03:43:49 PM
Vanilla frosty?

There is only one -true- frosty flavor.  :mad:
I like chocolate better too, but had never tried vanilla before and in fact that's what I was thinking of trying when the magical negro appeared.

Ed Anger

I actually think Wendy's new foods have fucked it up for me. I just can't stand to go into one now.