News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 12:07:22 PM
I'm staying at my parents.  The leg of lamb studded with rosemary, anchovy and garlic is in the oven :mmm: :w00t:
Upper class bohemian. :P

Scipio

Mexican-style shredded chicken thighs braised in beer, with mushrooms, onions, garlic, carrots, and thyme.

It's like a pot roast, but I'm not paying $4/lb for seven bone roast.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Well I didn't have a cheesecake yesterday.  I hope you killjoys are happy (though really it's just because I thought about it, I decided a $10 meal was too decadent -_- ).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Baked a loaf, some chocolate flapjacks and some brownies.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 03:10:33 PM
Well I didn't have a cheesecake yesterday.  I hope you killjoys are happy (though really it's just because I thought about it, I decided a $10 meal was too decadent -_- ).

You need to stop listening to these people. I will lead you to the promised land, either here or in space.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

You know, on balance, despite how badly I want to punch him in the face (but just once, for his own good), I have to say Lettow has been good for Languish.  I love that line.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 15, 2012, 03:23:09 PM
I have to say Lettow has been good for Languish.

I've enjoyed having most of the outside-the-pale posters around. Lettow, Fate, Sad, Jahuu, Martimanus, Siege, etc have provided much entertainment in their time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

My mother in law made lechon asado, congris, boiled yucca, and flan for dinner. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

I thought your mother in law was a stone cold hillbilly.  :huh:

(No offense Princessa if you read this.)

Caliga

There's a family tradition of cooking people a special dinner for their birthday in her family consisting of whatever you want.  Princesca and I decided that it would be fun to start requesting that she make us ethnic stuff.  So for my birthday, I had her make me sauerbraten and German tater salad, and Princesca decided to have her make Cuban food.  She did a good job both times and some of these dishes have started to appear at family potlucks, thereby breaking up the endless monotony of various casseroles and the like.  The German tater salad made a reappearance at Christmas (my sister in law made it that time, though). :cool:

Admiral Yi

So she just goes straight of a recipe?

Caliga

In both cases we provided the recipes for her.  Today, I also provided mojitos (though as a Baptist she won't drink... so I made them for me, Princesca, and my sis in law's boyfriend).

Eddie Teach

Chili from a can. The can says "Authentic Texas Recipe". There are beans in it.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Inspired by the pork tenderloin discussion in the Paula Deen thread, I made roast tenderloin last night:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"