News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 07, 2011, 04:13:43 AM
Brown spots on all of them though.  Shouldn't have started with grape.

I wish I could tell if it's just caramelized sugar, or if it's something nasty.

What a rotten day.
Why not eat it?  It's just calories, and those are all the same, right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2011, 09:27:58 PM
You know what chain has badass chicken?  Popeye's.  awwww NIIIIIIIGAH.

Ew.  The last couple of times I've attempted Popeye's (I have a two-chance policy with places I deem truly terrible), the grease permeated the place so badly that even the floor was greasy.  And this is coming from probably the one person on this forum who likes the KFC Double Down.

Dinner tonight consisted of some Burger King on the way back from work.  I want the old fries back. :(
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 01, 2012, 09:53:11 PM
Ew.  The last couple of times I've attempted Popeye's (I have a two-chance policy with places I deem truly terrible), the grease permeated the place so badly that even the floor was greasy. 
Sounds like a positive to me. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

I'm making some pork chops stuffed with an apple-raisin-walnut stuffing.  This is a first time I have made stuffed chops and I kinda 'winged it' with the stuffing.  Hope it works out.

Caliga

Had barbecue beans, mustard greens, and skillet cornbread for dinner.  Black people food = OSSUM. :licklips:

Ed Anger

Boy, if watermelon was in season......
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

I had black-eyed peas on New Year's Day which is supposed to bring good luck.   :licklips:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2012, 08:08:58 PM
Lentil curry over basmati rice. :cool:

I used my new pressure cooker to make the lentil curry.  Why oh why am I just discovering this amazingly useful device now? :blush:

You got a recipe for this?  I made a lentil curry tonight, but I am very inexperienced cooking curries and it ended up rather bland, not bad but not very flavorful.

Ideologue

Red Baron deep dish pizza single, giant candy bar, and probably a couple of soy burgers in a minute.

Current weight: 163 lbs.  That's 74 kilos for our SI friends.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

For lunch, I had a Chicken cordon bleu sandwich from the best place in town, and to out-do Ide, a (huge) slice of a Reese's cake.

Ideologue

Sounds delicious.  But what is this thing you call a "slice"?
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: sbr on January 03, 2012, 11:05:09 PM
You got a recipe for this?  I made a lentil curry tonight, but I am very inexperienced cooking curries and it ended up rather bland, not bad but not very flavorful.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tbsp coriander
1/2 tbsp Sambaar curry powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dry lentils
3 cups water

Pour oil into cooker.  Sautee onions in cooker over medium heat.  Add everything else except the salt.  Close the cooker, turn heat up to high, and cook under pressure for 3 minutes.  Take cooker off heat and let pressure drop on its own till fully depressurized.  Stir in salt.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

White Castle. Kids loved it (OMG! LITTLE HAMBURGERS! NOM NOM NOM). Me...... I'm regretting it.