News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 27, 2011, 09:50:05 PM
My roommate in Knoxville worked at Zaxby's and was constantly furious when everybody praised their food to high heaven:  "We just dump frozen chicken in a deep fryer.  :mellow: "

But it really was pretty good.   :blush:
I'm a fan too.  They have good fried mushrooms, and their boneless buffalo wings are about the same as Bdubs (though you can get them much hotter at Bdubs, of course).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

The local Zaxby's is kind of shitty.  I love buffalo wings and I used to eat them all the time, but Zaxby's were often not very spicy--their definition of "insane" and mine are clearly not the same*--and/or undersauced, along with long wait times at the drive thru.

*Now Wild Wings?  They merit the name "insane," although their hottest sauce is called "braveheart."  That shit is good, but capable of causing chemical burns to skin that doesn't have access to a salivary flush system.

Like one's dick. <_<

Edit: oh, "Bdubs" is BWW.  Gotcha.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadBurgerMaker

My wife still calls it BW3.  I dunno.  The wings are okay and all that, but goddammit even in the "family" area (they don't have a fucking smoking section anymore, so that just means the part where the taps aren't instantly visible, I guess), they have the music/TVs up so loud you have trouble hearing the person across from you.  Sure, I'm down for that sometimes, which is when I'll head into the bar area, but turn it down a little out front, mooks.  The Cowboys game doesn't need to be on 12.  Aikman and Buck will be just as boring on 8.  I promise.

E: I want some mango habanero wings now.

Ideologue

Concur.  Last time I went, just for dinner, it was is awful.  They had some live act and we were sitting as far away from it as possible.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I get wings for take-out. They're a great re-heat later food. Got a bottle of the wild sauce in the fridge too to add some more if needed. Everyone always asks what the 3rd "w" is for. It's weck.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

One of the girls in accounting just brought me some kind of Mexican sloppy joe type things. Spicy as hell. I love it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 28, 2011, 03:00:43 PM
One of the girls in accounting just brought me some kind of Mexican sloppy joe type things. Spicy as hell. I love it.
Picadillo?  Are there raisins and olives in it?  I love that shit.

Josquius

I was at a little local bar recommended to me by a friend the other night and had some yakisoba. It was : good.
My self cooking tonight, some kind of lame attempt at chilli: not so good.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

:hmm: Isn't yakisoba basically ramen with like some meat and/or veggies on top?

Scipio

Thanks to food poisoning at the Mellow Mushroom, I've been eating plain yogurt and crackers for a day.  Yay.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Mickey D's sausage and egg biscuit(NO FUCKING CHEESE).

The cook has slacked off recently.....  :( :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Lentil curry over basmati rice. :cool:

I used my new pressure cooker to make the lentil curry.  Why oh why am I just discovering this amazingly useful device now? :blush:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2011, 07:48:43 AM
:hmm: Isn't yakisoba basically ramen with like some meat and/or veggies on top?

Fried noodles.

Yaki=fried.