And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Curly fries from Arby's, spicy fried mushrooms from Zaxby's.  If I'd been really hungry, I'd have gotten a serving okra from Church's to complete my side dish feast.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Whitey be eatin' from Churches? Cracker be crazy!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Their spicy chicken is also pretty good.  But anyway, I gained two pounds over the holidays, and okra got the axe.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

I've never been to a Church's Chicken but I keep hearing people say that place is great. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
You know what chain has badass chicken?  Popeye's.  awwww NIIIIIIIGAH.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2011, 09:27:13 PM
I've never been to a Church's Chicken but I keep hearing people say that place is great. :hmm:

WTF

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 27, 2011, 09:27:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
You know what chain has badass chicken?  Popeye's.  awwww NIIIIIIIGAH.

I'd like to be able to get in the door without being shot in the parking lot.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:28:44 PM
WTF
Just checked... the nearest Church's Chicken places to me are in Nashville, Indianapolis, and Dayton.  Dayton... how about a lunch date, Ed? :licklips:

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:29:15 PM
I'd like to be able to get in the door without being shot in the parking lot.
The last time I ate at Popeyes there were indeed a lot of negroes patronizing the joint but they seemed to be full of mirth, not anger. :)

Ed Anger

No.

2 of them on Gettysburg road in Dayton. I'M SHOCKED.

Ideologue

I guess the Colonel keeps a pure state?

There's a Church's about 300 feet from my front door.  It is up a hill, I concede.

And actually it was more like one pound but I didn't want to sound prissy. :(
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on December 27, 2011, 09:39:29 PM
I guess the Colonel keeps a pure state?
We actually have a number of Chik-Fil-A locations around here, and we now have Zaxby's as well... and of course there's the Popeye's that I mentioned.  There actually aren't as many KFCs as you might expect...  there are only about 25 in Louisville.  I actually think we have more Taco Bell locations (both being Yum! businesses) than KFC locations.

Capetan Mihali

My roommate in Knoxville worked at Zaxby's and was constantly furious when everybody praised their food to high heaven:  "We just dump frozen chicken in a deep fryer.  :mellow: "

But it really was pretty good.   :blush:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)