What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2011, 10:57:45 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 14, 2011, 09:58:56 AM
Chili without beans?  :huh:

Yeah, this is actually the first time I've heard of it, except in the narrow case of hot dog chili, which I've only rarely eaten by itself.

:angry: DIAF

:(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on December 14, 2011, 10:58:59 AM
Chilli is derived from mexican food, right? how can it not have beans, they put beans in everything.

No it is an American frontier food.  It could be stored in blocks and hauled along the trail for a cattle drive or whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I like to make a big supper on Sundays so I have some to bring for lunches during the week.  In light of the season, I decided to try my hand at making a tortiere.  :frog:  But I was also cleaning out the freezer and found a package of ground elk.  So I made a pork-elk tortiere.   :cool:

Pretty damn good.  First time I ever made a pastry worth a damn as well.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Excellent.

What did you put in it other then meat?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 02:51:29 PM
Excellent.

Potatoes, onion, little bit of carrot, some spices.

Actually, this was the recipe I used, but with half pork, half elk.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Pork/recipe.html?dishid=8948
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

fhdz

I had fried eggs on a piece of toast for breakfast this morning.
and the horse you rode in on

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2011, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 02:51:29 PM
Excellent.

Potatoes, onion, little bit of carrot, some spices.

Actually, this was the recipe I used, but with half pork, half elk.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Pork/recipe.html?dishid=8948

Apple Cider, I'll have to try that.  I'm not a big fan of having vegetables in a tourtiere tho. I like mine pork, beef & veal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Been on an Ide-like diet today, soda, chips, baklava and peanut butter.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 19, 2011, 09:26:29 PM
Been on an Ide-like diet today, soda, chips, baklava and peanut butter.  :blush:

:Embarrass:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Capetan Mihali

To each his own and there's no accounting for taste, BUT: What's with you eating peanut butter straight up?  I remember some weird kid from elementary school doing that, otherwise it's only very drunk people with nothing edible in the kitchen.  :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I eat peanut butter straight sometimes, too.  It's delicious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

My influence spreads.

Quote from: MihaliTo each his own and there's no accounting for taste, BUT: What's with you eating peanut butter straight up?  I remember some weird kid from elementary school doing that, otherwise it's only very drunk poor people with nothing edible in the kitchen.

FU.

I'm eating a pizza with onions, olives, and jalapenos.  While it exists, it makes me want to not kill myself. :)

I decided to get a treat since 1)otherwise all I would've eaten today was a couple of bowls of cereal and yesterday, practically nothing and 2)I had to talk to Korea, which should be worth a medal, let alone a damn pizza.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

I think I stopped eating a lot of peanut butter when I was worried about my acne circa age 17 and never really went back.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2011, 09:53:51 PM
2)I had to talk to Korea, which should be worth a medal, let alone a damn pizza.
:huh: She seemed like a fine conversationalist to me. :hmm:

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 19, 2011, 09:55:09 PM
I think I stopped eating a lot of peanut butter when I was worried about my acne circa age 17 and never really went back.
I do like almond and cashew butter better, but peanut butter does the job.