News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Had me some catfish at Claudia Sanders Dinner House.  This place is basically KFC before the corporate dudes ruined it--it's on the Colonel's former property in Shelbyville.  Catfish, hushpuppies, fries, slaw, green beans, and rolls. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Yeah right.  And I ate candy canes at the North Pole with Santa.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2011, 09:45:28 PM
:hmm: Magnetic or geographic? :)

The general geographic area.  It's actually as Versailles is to Paris.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Versailles and Paris are 31 miles apart.  Just take US-60 from Versailes to Lexington, then US-27 straight in to Paris.  :cool:

DGuller

Tonight I'm eating ice cream bars.  I unwrapped them myself.  :)

DGuller

I have discovered smoked salmon pinwheels.  They go great with single malt scotch.  I'm having that for dinner tonight.  :licklips:

Sheilbh

The past two nights I've been eating spaghetti in a sort-of pesto.  It's been okay but I will perfect it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

I just made vegetable pad thai for dinner. :cool:

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2011, 06:24:37 PM

:)

Bag of Combos (cheddar cheese pretzel)
Kinemalogue

Caliga

I think I would have preferred your dinner. :(  Mine was good, but Combos... :mmm:

One time when I was in college I ate a dinner of Combos and M&Ms while I was playing the original X-Com.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on September 28, 2011, 06:50:46 PM

Hey, my old bachelor lunch. Except I got pizza flavored.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 28, 2011, 06:58:12 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 28, 2011, 06:50:46 PM

Hey, my old bachelor lunch. Except I got pizza flavored.

Me too.  They didn't have it at the store. :(
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2011, 06:53:42 PM
I think I would have preferred your dinner. :(  Mine was good, but Combos... :mmm:

One time when I was in college I ate a dinner of Combos and M&Ms while I was playing the original X-Com.

I also had spaghetti earlier.  It involved complicated processes like "deciding whether to wash all the dishes or just the ones I needed to fix my meal" and "turning on the stove."  I am: gastronomist.
Kinemalogue

citizen k

Morrocan inspired chicken stew.

I threw everything I had at it. Trying to use up the stuff from the garden before it goes bad (don't know how or interested in canning  :blush: ). Bell, anaheim and jalapeno peppers, red onion, carrots, can of stewed tomatoes, yellow squash, raisins, dried apricots, chicken broth and chicken thigh meat that I browned.

Spices:

salt
pepper
cayenne pepper
cardamom
tumeric
paprika
garlic powder
cinnamon

Served over barley
with tomato, cucumber, and feta cheese salad