News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Stopped at the Ted's Montana Grill in Lexington today for lunch on my way back home.  Bison burger FTW. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zeus

To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Tonitrus

Tillamook Sticky Bun ice cream (cinammon ice cream with sticky bun dough, praline pecan pieces and a streusel swirl)

Caliga

My brother is taunting me by emailing me pics of the Roy Rogers in Aberdeen, MD on I-95. :cry:

BuddhaRhubarb

Ate the last of my recent slow cooker chili last night. decent, but not the best batch I've made. looking to splurge a wee bit tonight on some take-out.... probably a burger and a beer somewhere.
:p

Caliga

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 24, 2011, 12:35:15 PM
Ate the last of my recent slow cooker chili last night. decent, but not the best batch I've made. looking to splurge a wee bit tonight on some take-out.... probably a burger and a beer somewhere.
I made bean chili this week and should have done it in a slow cooker; the beans were dry and I soaked and boiled them, but they were still too tough. :blush:

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2011, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 24, 2011, 12:35:15 PM
I made bean chili this week and should have done it in a slow cooker; the beans were dry and I soaked and boiled them, but they were still too tough. :blush:

yeah I usually put it all in the cooker before bed (say 11pm ish, and let it cook until I get home from work the next day (turning it to "warm after about 12 hrs (11am)... the beans are always just right. this time the ground beef didn't work as well as my previous couple of pork loin chilis.
:p

11B4V

Going to make some mexican slaw here in a few.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

They took me out for lunch @ work for the second time due to me leaving.  Today I chose Vietnamese.  I had Bún chả, which I usually get there (either that or some variety of pho).  I probably shouldn't have drunk all of the rice vinegar in my bowl at the end, though. :wacko:

Barrister

I had a lovely Thai green curry from a food truck, then sat and watch the crowd.

So there is an upside to living in the city after all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Held my annual July 4 weekend cookout. Much dead flesh was consumed. The Big Green Egg once again came through.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 12:31:36 PM
They took me out for lunch @ work for the second time due to me leaving.  Today I chose Vietnamese.  I had Bún chả, which I usually get there (either that or some variety of pho).  I probably shouldn't have drunk all of the rice vinegar in my bowl at the end, though. :wacko:

New job?

Ideologue

Did you guys know there are 2160 calories in a package of E.L. Fudge Originals?  Man, I'm glad I didn't go for the Double-Stuffed. : /
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: sbr on July 02, 2011, 05:42:53 PM
New job?
Yeah.  I've gotten two free lunches out of it so far, too. :)

Ideologue

There's this Post cereal called Mini Cinnamon Churros that invites you, the consumer, to compare its taste to Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

The Greeks called that hubris, friends.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)