News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

My head hurts just thinking of eating 8 Reese's cups in one sitting.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

We had a small department dinner at an Italian Cantinetta off St. Stephan's square last week. Gazpacho as starter, then Veal with lemon sauce and pasta, plus only a few drinks came at 60 EUR. But the company paid, so what. :lol:

The previous government's finance minister sat at a neighboring table, though.

For lunch today I had Schnitzel baked in beer dough, with potato wedges and garlic dip.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2011, 09:47:42 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2011, 03:36:08 AM
Eight Reese's cups and a can of Pringles.  Evidently of the "Ragin' Cajun" variety.

[

JESUS H CHRIST.

Dude.

It's actually not that bad, it's only 640 calories in the Reese's cups, 900 in the Pringles; for my next meal I had some gross microwave enchilada verde thing that I wouldn't have even bought if I'd noticed the stupidly proud "no GMO" label on the box, which was 400.  So 1940 in total for the day.

Quote from: Peter WigginMy head hurts just thinking of eating 8 Reese's cups in one sitting.

But they're delightful.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lucidor

Chicken soup with noodles and two mince-meat pirogies.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2011, 02:58:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2011, 09:47:42 AM
Eight Reese's cups and a can of Pringles.  Evidently of the "Ragin' Cajun" variety.

[

JESUS H CHRIST.

Dude.

It's actually not that bad, it's only 640 calories in the Reese's cups, 900 in the Pringles; for my next meal I had some gross microwave enchilada verde thing that I wouldn't have even bought if I'd noticed the stupidly proud "no GMO" label on the box, which was 400.  So 1940 in total for the day.

Just promise me if your face goes numb, you go to the ER. I had a friend get the DIABETUS from drinking a Dr. Pepper. And you sure has hell ingest more sugar and carbs.

You post a thread on languish if you should see a doctor, I'll drive down and kick your ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Diabeetus is weird in how unpredictable it is.

A buddy of mine at work used to work with a guy who was like 600 lbs. and who claimed he didn't have the diabeetus.  Anyway, one time he went to the mall with this guy for lunch.

He started his lunch at Jersey Mike's, where he got a large steak and a GALLON of *sweet tea*.  He also bought a full size (i.e. not a little lunch bag) bag of Doritos to go with it.

He ended his lunch at Cinnabon with a box of 6 Cinnabons.

Seriously, he must have consumed at least three pounds of sucrose in that one meal.  Yet... no diabeetus. :blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

When my work buddy told me about this, I actually lost my appetite and ended up not finishing my cheesesteak (he told me this at Jersey Mike's). :(

I am however proud to say I've never once patronized Cinnabon. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2011, 06:54:41 PM

I am however proud to say I've never once patronized Cinnabon. :cool:

communist.

Admiral Yi

Korea likes the one nearest our house, but everything I've ever tried from there has been substandard.  The lo mein is okay, but it's really hard to fuck up lo mein and the fact that is only "okay" is pretty damning.
Do they have Singapore Chow Mei Fun?  Have you tried it?

Eddie Teach

I made my first chili today. It was good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Breakfast - Two tangerines and some colby jack cheese.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Dinner - pan-fried flank stake, with baby dills and vodka on the side.

Admiral Yi

Had a gyro and fries for dinner.  Joint gives a generous helping.  Got a second pita for a buck and made two samwishes.